How to do Locust Posture (Shalabasana)
- Breathing in, raise the right leg up. Keep the leg straight and do not twist the hip.
- Hold and keep breathing.
- Breathing out, bring the right leg down.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the left leg. Take 2-3 deep breaths.
- Breathing in, and with some momentum, lift both legs up, as high as possible, keeping the knees straight.
- Breathing out, bring the legs down, take the arms out from underneath, and rest.
- Repeat the above sequence with hands facing down in step 2.
Benefits of the Locust Posture (Shalabasana)
- Increases flexibility and strength of the entire back
- Strengthens shoulders and arms
- Tones the nerves and muscles especially in the neck and shoulders
- Massages and tones abdominal organs, and improves digestion
View All - Yoga Postures Lying On Stomach
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Art of Living Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and an Art of Living Yoga teacher. Find an Art of Living Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at email@example.com.