Q: In what way does the Art of Living Part I (basic) Program offered in the Ashram, differ from the Program offered in the city?
A: The Ashram Program is a 3-day residential Program. The city Program is a 6-day, 18-20 hour Program, held either in the morning or evening, 2.5 - 3 hours per day.
Q: Are the Program contents the same?
A: Yes, the Program contents are the same, the only difference is: the ashram Program is a residential Program.
Q: Why is the fee different for Programs in the city?
A: The city Program is not a residential Program. In the Ashram Program fee includes the costs of food, accommodation and the Program.
Q: We want to attend the Part 1 Program in the Ashram. Can we bring our children?
A: Yes, if they are old enough then you can bring them but they will have to be by themselves - we do not have any facilities to take care of children. There will be a separate contribution for children. If they are not old enough and need constant care, the following options are available to you: One parent can take the course at one time. Another option is to take the same Program in the city, where it is offered as a 6-day Program, 3 hours per day.
Q: What are the Ashram visiting hours?
A: The visiting hours are from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Daily Satsang is conducted from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (on Sundays from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM). Plan your visit in such a way that you can join us for Satsang.
Q: Can we stay in the Ashram for some days?
A: Yes. For all details regarding accommodation, you can call our Housing Department at +91 80 67262 804/805 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What are the activities we can attend in the Ashram?
A: You can join us for Satsang every day from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM and on Sundays from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM. A guided tour of the Ashram and facilities.
Q: Are room upgrades available after registering?
A: This is subject to availability. For housing related queries, you can call our Housing Department at +91 80 67262 804/805 or email email@example.com
Q: I would like to extend my stay after the program?
A: Please contact our Housing Department. For internationals, prior confirmation would be required from the International Desk. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: : Is it possible for my friends and I to reserve a room together?
A: Only participants of the same program and of the same gender can be accommodated together. Accommodation is subject to availability. For housing related queries, you can call our Housing Department at +91 80 67262 804/805 or through email email@example.com
Q: If I want to bring my child and/or nanny, what formalities should I follow?
A: Unfortunately, there are no babysitting or child-minding facilities available at the Bangalore Ashram. Therefore, if the child is old enough to take care of him/herself or if you want to bring your nanny for the duration of your program/stay to take care of your child, please contact our Housing Department to reserve accommodation for her as well.
All queries related to documents needed, passport, visa, transport, on-the-spot registration, arrival procedures, etc. Q: How do I arrange for transport from the airport?
A:You can order a pre-paid taxi on arrival at Bengaluru International Airport.
Q: What are the check-in and check-out times at the ashram?
A: Check-in time for a program is between 9 am and 10 pm, one day prior to the program start date. People arriving on late-night flights/trains may check in upon arrival. In this case, please inform the Housing Department of your arrival time in advance.
Check-out time for any program is before 12:30 pm, a day after the program ends.
Q: Do I need to bring any documents before I arrive?
A: Yes, you will need to bring the following documents:
- 2 C-forms completed and signed
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of current valid Indian visa
- Print-out of Program registration form
- Confirmation email containing registration ID number
Q: My visa is in my old passport which passport should I photocopy?
A: Kindly photocopy both your old and new passport pages, and the valid visa page.
Q: My passport expired but I have extended its validity. What pages should I photocopy?
A: Kindly photocopy the passport page with your name, date of birth etc, and the page that indicate the new date of expiry.
Q: I can't lift heavy things will there be someone to help me with my suitcase when I arrive?
A: There will be a shuttle services to take you from reception to your room. If additional assistance is needed, the welcome team will provide you with help.
All queries regarding with payment, registration for any Program, Program contribution queries, etc.
Q: How do I register for a Program online?
A: Please go to www.bagnaloreashram.org go to the right hand side menu and click 'Register Online' and follow the instructions given accordingly for International Participants.
Q: Can I register and pay for more than one person at one time for one Program?
A: Yes. Kindly follow the appropriate links while registering.
Q: I am an Indian Passport Holder but live in another country, how do I determine the amount to pay?
A: Your Program contribution is determined by your country of residence. Kindly choose your country of residence and pay the relative amount.
Q: I am an international. How do I determine the amount to pay for a Program?
A:Your Program contribution is determined by your country of residence. Kindly choose your country of residence and pay the relative amount.
Q: What are the methods of payment?
- Online (Credit / Debit Card Payment)
- In person, on arrival (subject to availability)
Please Note: Online Transactions are the quickest and most secure way to guarantee your place, desired accommodation type for your chosen program.
Q: Can I do more than one program simultaneously?
A: Yes, you can participate in more than one program at a time. Please note: Sahaj Samadhi and Part II (advanced) program are the only Programs a participant can do simultaneously
Q: Do I have to pay for each Program separately?
A: Yes. Registration for each Program during the given dates is separate, thus payment is separate.
For example: You want to do the advance Program first from Jan- 6th- 11th followed by the Blessings Program from Jan 12th-14th.
You will need to first login, register and pay for the Advance Program. Once you've received your email confirmation and registration ID number for the Advanced Program, then you can repeat login, register and pay for the Blessings Program.
Please check that you have selected the correct Program and its corresponding DATES when registering and paying.
Please also check that all your details, such as name, date of birth, matches your passport. .
Q: What should I pack/prepare for my Program?
- Loose, light clothing that is comfortable to move in.
- Clothing that covers your shoulders and ankles, nothing too revealing, please.
- Cheap flip-flops/ slippers
- Mosquito repellent and coil
- Torchlight and batteries
- Handheld Radio (e.g. your mobile phone) and earphones for language translation facilities. Translation facilities may be available for groups with large numbers of people who require translation.
- Locks and keys for all your suitcases
- Yoga mat (Yoga mats can be purchased in the pine services at Ashram)
- Toiletries: Body wash, Shampoo, toilet paper, clothes washing powder or soap (Toiletries listed and more are also available for purchase at the pine services at Ashram)
- One Shawl or jacket for the cool mornings and evenings
- Towel (thinner the better, to ensure quick drying)
- Notebook and pen to note down knowledge (also available at pine services for purchase at Ashram)
- Relevant chargers
- phone, camera
- If you require translation, please ensure that someone who is involved with the Art of Living orgranisation is there to provide this service for you. You can either bring them along with you or arrange for another Program participant to translate.
Q: If we have registered and paid for the Program under one name, but due to unforeseen circumstances, such as the person dropping out, another person would like to replace that registration, what are the formalities?
A: All registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Q: Can I just show up and register before the Program?
A: This is at your own discretion, however there is a high likelihood you may be able to join your chosen Program, but accommodation at the ashram may not be available.
To avoid disappointments, we highly recommend booking and paying online, as soon as possible.
Q: Are meals included in the Program contribution?
A: Yes. Room stay and meals are included in the Program contribution. Meal timings are:
- Breakfast - 7.30-8.30 am
- Lunch - 12:30-2:00 pm
- Dinner - 8:00-9:15 pm
Q: Who can I contact for queries about the Programs if I'm not in Bangalore?
Q: Who can I contact for queries about the Programs when I am in Bangalore/Ashram?
A: Events desk:+91 80 67262802(Located at the New Admin Building)
Info desk:+91 80 67262626/27(Located opposite to the Vishalakshi Mantap)
All queries dealing with ashram services, venues, timings of satsang, meeting Guruji, etc
Q: I am interested in Ayurvedic treatments, whom can I contact?
Q: What other services are available in Ashram?
- A: Nadi Pareeksha - Ayurvedic Medical Consultation
- Divine Shop – For purchase of Books, Audio tapes and CDs, Videos, etc
- Divine Services shops – For purchase of Stationary items, Clothes, Yoga mats, Toiletries, etc
- Madhurya – For purchase of traditional Indian wear, Sarees, Churidhars, Salwar Kameez, Jewelry, Bags, Indian figurines, etc
- Cafe Vishala – A wide assortment of snacks, fruits, fruit juices, beverages and other food items are available here
- Locker service - Storage for valuables and important documents (One locker room is located behind Cafe Vishala and the other one at New Aparna Building)
- Shuttle service - Complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs inside the ashram campus for senior citizens, disabled persons and those who are unable to walk
- Cyber Café - Internet, Printing and scanning facilities, International and national phone calling facilities are available
- ATMs - Canara Bank (Located under Madhurya Shop), State Bank (Located near Gate No. 1), HDFC Bank (Located at the Reception Building)
- Astrology services - Please visit Vedic Dharma Sansthan (Located below Madurya Shop) for an appointment
- Ayurvedic Treatments - Sri Sri Ayurveda Panchakarma (5 min walking distance from Gate No.3)
- Beauty Parlors (Located at Sri Sri Ayurveda Panchakarma)
- Ashram Clinic/ Pharmacy - For Allopathic (western) medicine & First Aid (Located near Gate No. 3)
- Emergency Ambulance service inside the campus
- Laundry Service – Located near Gate No. 3, in front of Ashram Clinic
- Dining Hall (Kitchen)
- Located on the base floor of Vishalakshi Mantap
- Located behind Cafe Vishala
- Located next to Dining Hall (kitchen) and Divine Services Shop
Q: Are there any rules and customs in the Ashram or on the Program that I should be aware of?
- It is advisable to wear clothing that covers your shoulders and ankles.
- Hot water for bathing is available from 4-6 am in your bathroom.
- If your Program requires you to be in silence, please refrain from talking, whispering, or communication with anyone in any way to reap full benefits of the Program.
- Men and Women do not share accommodation. Men will be housed with other men, and women housed with other women.
- At Yagnashala and Vishalakshi Mantap, there are separate seating arrangements for men and women.
- No shoes, food or drink, except for bottled water, is allowed inside Vishalakshi Mantap or Yagnashala.
- Vishalakshi Mantap and Yagnashala are quiet zones; please refrain from talking loudly, bringing children inside and having your phone on, as people might be meditating.
- There will be group sadhana (Padmasadhana, Pranayam, Bhastrika and Kriya) every morning during your Program. Please listen to announcements for timings the night before, at the end of Satsang.
- Rudrapuja will take place every Monday at Yagnashala (subject to change). Please listen to announcements for timings and venue the night before, at the end of Satsang.
- Lost and Found Desk is located at the Housing Office.
- It is advisable not to wear any expensive footwear.
- Please wear your nametags at ALL TIMES for security reasons.
- Ladies are requested to tie their hair during any puja.
- Water that is safe to drink can be purchased at the Divine Services shop, or filled in the Kitchen (Dining Hall) or the various taps, which indicates "Drinking Water"
- Consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, meat is not permitted in the ashram.
- It is advisable that everyone be in their own rooms by 11 pm
Q: How can I meet Sri Sri in person?
A: You can meet Sri Sri on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (when he is in the ashram) from approximately 4 pm onwards. Please collect tokens at the Secretariat office next to Vishalakshi Mantap on the morning of the particular day to participate in the same.
If you wish to have a more detailed conversation with him please contact the Secretariat office at the ashram for an appointment. Duration of meetings vary depending on Guruji's schedule.
Q: What time and where is satsang?
A: Monday to Saturday: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, unless otherwise announced.
Sunday: 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm, unless otherwise announced.
- Vishalakshi Mantap (Meditation Hall)
- Outdoor Amphitheatre (Located in front of Vishalakshi Mantap)
- Yagnashala (Located on the downhill slope in front of Café Vishala)
Please contact the Information Center to know the venue of the day's Satsang.