Kona =Angle; Asana = Pose/Posture
(This posture is Pronounced as:konah-sanah)
How to do Konasana:
- Stand straight with feet about hip width distance apart and arms alongside the body.
- Breathe in and raise the left arm to the left and up towards.
- Breathe out and bend to the right, first from the spine, and then move your pelvis to the
- left and bend a little more. Keep your left arm pointing up.
- Turn your head to look up at the left palm. Straighten the elbows.
- Breathing in, straighten your body back up.
- Breathing out, bring the left arm down.
- Repeat with the right arm.
Benefits of Konasana
- It helps stretch the sides of the body and the spine
- Helps in toning of arms,legs,and abdominal organs.
- Helpful in relieving back pain.
- Increases the flexibility of the spine.
Contraindications of Konasana
- People suffering from severe back ache or spondylitis should avoid this pose.
View All - Standing Yoga Postures
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Art Of Living Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and a Art Of Living Yoga teacher. Find a Art Of Living Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.