It emphasized the equality of all human beings and end social discrimination based on birth. As a symbolic gesture, the leaders partook in a community feast or samuhik priti bhoj.
Some of the prominent leaders included:
- Dr Bindeshwar Pathak, founder of Sulabh International Social Service Organization
- Udit Raj, Dalit leader and President of Indian Justice Party
- Sanjay Paswan, Dalit leader
- Sabina Srivastav of All India Kayasta Samaj
- Bal Kishan Mahaar of Valmiki Samaj
- Ram Nagina Singh, president of Akhil Bharatiya Bhumihar Brahman