Agnihotra is a healing fire from the ancient science of Ayurveda. Regular practice of Agnihotra purifies the atmosphere and enhances crop production. The Art of Living has been reviving this ancient practice. Farmers in many rural areas have experienced its benefits.
It is a process of purifying the atmosphere through a specially prepared fire performed at sunrise and sunset daily. The environment may be freed or protected from gross pollutants. Agnihotra also nourishes plant life and neutralizes harmful radiation and pathogenic bacteria. It harmonizes the functioning of prana (life energy) and can be used to purify water resources.
BENEFITS OF HOMA THERAPY IN AGRICULTURE
- Increased production in quantity and quality
- Reduced cost for labor to apply agrochemicals
- The produce is enhanced in taste, size, texture, nutrition
- Prolongs the shelf life and makes them fitter for export
- Increased number of harvests during the year, i.e. productive cycle is shortened