Living Well Programs
Living Well Philosophy – Nourishing the Roots!
”Health is not a mere absence of disease. It is a dynamic expression of life – in terms of how joyful, loving and enthusiastic you are.” - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The toll of our fast paced lives can be extremely high on our physical and mental health. Stress and anxiety are known to be significant factors in the onset and progression of a wide spectrum of diseases. The goal of the Living Well Programs is to enable healthy and happy living naturally. It is designed to address the physical, psychological, nutritional, spiritual and social needs of a person.
Through the 4 E’s – Encourage, Enable, Empower and Enhance- the programs are designed to manage disease, alleviate stress, improve health and increase wellness.
- Encourage people to participate actively in the management of their disease.
- Enable by providing education and awareness on the symptoms, psychological factors and strategies to delay progression of the condition.
- Empower and achieve balance with Yoga, Meditation, Pranayamas, Ayurveda and Diet techniques to manage their condition through a ‘Self Management Support System’.
- Enhancephysical and emotional wellbeing through lifestyle modification and a befitting daily routine.
Living well programs take a holistic view of human health on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance to calm the mind and heal the body.
The Programs start with a thorough understanding of your current health condition, your daily schedule and lifestyle. They then build in practices that aid in building immunity and reduction of risk factors from a disease.
The programs also focus on the inner well-being of the patient, which is generally the source of disease. Therefore, many times it is found that medical treatments alone are not sufficient to heal the body. Treating the source - the mind and its patterns, changing unhealthy habits and utilizing practical and effective breathing exercises and yoga to minimize the impact of an existing ailment are an integral part of the program.
”The body is a machine, and the consciousness which operates and has helped to develop this body has been ignored by us. We need to pay attention to that as well. This consciousness which is responsible for all creativity, all scientific discovery in the world, all forms of music, art, fashion, film, and everything else, needs your attention. The same consciousness can manifest health and happiness.” - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- During the program in-depth Education and Awareness is provided on the disease – its signs, symptoms and treatment options, thereby allowing people to manage it effectively. Awareness is also given on disease specific skills and lifestyle changes required to manage it long term.
- A powerful breathing technique called Sudarshan Kriya is taught during the program to cope with psychological stressors and challenges in daily life. It eliminates stress, fatigue and negative emotions such as anger, frustration and depression. Sudarshan Kriya brings balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and helps with relaxation and concentration. It provides deeper and refreshing sleep, improves mental balance and confidence.
- Simple yet profound Yogasanas and Exercises are taught for a healthier body and calm mind. Yoga provides fitness on both physical and psychological level. It helps cope with chronic pain and negative emotions. Increases strength, flexibility, heart, and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease by improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Easy to follow Nutrition and Balanced Diet to aid the healing process, maintain health and high energy levels in the body.
- Physical health and Emotional Wellbeing mutually influence each other. The program assists people through Social networks and Spirituality to promote a sense of belongingness and have a support system to maintain their health.
- The program also focuses on the long term ill-effects of lifestyle and psychological factors such as stress, lack of exercise, tobacco, alcohol or other substance abuse.
- Living Well residential programs incorporate Ayurvedic healing techniques for holistic healing.
The beneficial effects of the program can be experienced in the body as a whole, particularly the nervous system, the endocrine system and the immune system.
We have conducted 150 Living Well programs benefitting 3000 patients in 20 States and 3 Union Teritories of India.
The program needs no special preparation, no change in beliefs and the techniques and processes taught during the program are easy to learn and practice.
Living Well Program Categories
Broadly, there are 3 categories of programs:
- Living Well @RP: Residential Holistic Healing Programs
- Living Well @NP: Non-Residential Healing Programs
- Living Well @DP: De-Addiction Programs
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Depresssion Management
- Anxiety Management
- Asthma Management
- Stop Smoking Start Living
- De-Vine for Alcohol De-addiction
Modules for other diseases will be launched in a progressive manner.
Dr. Rakesh Makkar, Baroda
Living well programs take a holistic view of human health on physical, mental and emotional levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance and techniques to calm the mind and heal the body. They are highly recommended for people with chronic diseases to achieve a balanced lifestyle.
“I was diagnosed with end stage of kidney failure that resulted in a transplant and completely restricted my physical activity. After the living well program, my kidney and body parameters like BP, cholesterol, sugar, creatinine, urea etc were better than before and touching lower margin limits which they never had. I was able to carry out many more physical tasks and became more active. I learnt about life style management and dietary plans. This program is a wonderful preventive tool for people with chronic diseases”.