Living Well Residential Programs
Living Well Residential Programs serve as holistic healing and lifestyle management programs for management of chronic diseases. Traditional Indian healthcare practices such as Ayurveda, Yoga, Meditation and Pranayamas are leveraged alongside Modern Medicine and Diet for holistic treatment and recovery. The Programs instill a deep sense of joy and wellbeing by adoption of integrative medicine alongside healthy lifestyle and routine.
Residential programs are of 8-10 day duration and offered at our Art of Living International Ashram in Bangalore.
1 - find a Living Well Program at Art of Living International Center, Bangalore or
2 - register online for a residential program
Treatment bouquet features the following:
The programs are based on the premise of ‘self-care’ that refers to actions and attitudes which contribute to the maintenance of well-being and personal health, with the intention of improving or restoring health, from a disease.
Awareness & Education:
Education about the disease and awareness of its signs and symptoms along with treatment options, methods for long term management and recovery.
The program incorporates diagnostic tests and evaluation of disease symptoms pre and post program to factually assess the progress made. Disease parameters are evaluated by doctors to prescribe ayurveda supliments and panchakarma treatments required for recovery. If the condition requires, allopathic dosage is also provided for those where patient is not on any prior medication.
Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness, increases awareness, relieves chronic stress patterns, relaxes the mind, centers the attention and sharpens concentration. The program incorporates yoga sessions everyday targeted to address specific health issues faced in a disease. Participants are taught specific yoga postures and ‘sudarshan kriya’ to enhance a sense of wellbeing.
Diet and Nutrition:
Maintaining an overall healthy & balanced diet offers the body energy and nutrition that it needs to function. Participants will be put on a special diet during the program. Diet & Nutrition consultation by an expert specific to each disease is also incorporated in the program.
Spirituality and Optimism:
A number of studies have found that positive emotions and optimism can have a beneficial influence on health. Program participants have an opportunity to enjoy, heal and rejuvenate in the tranquil ashram surroundings. Daily satsangs are a part and parcel of stay where people sing, dance and let go of their inhibitions. It fosters a community spirit and spiritual belongingness.
The program encourages participants to make necessary changes and adopt a healthy lifestyle that helps in management of their chronic conditions. Meditation is made a part of their regular curriculum to alleviate stress. Psychological counseling is also provided on need basis. De-addiction programs are offered separately for those who require it.
Living Well Residential Program Modules
Diabetic Management Program:
8-10 Days program with a skilful management of diet, ayurveda, yoga, meditation and lifestyle management. We help you maintain ideal sugar levels in your body.
Hypertension Management Program:
8-10 days program helps effectively control your condition such as High BP, Low BP by following reversal diets, relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, therapeutic massage, panchkarma treatment and lifestyle management.
Depression Management Program:
8-10 Days self management program can help to overcome depression with proper counseling, yogic kriyas, ayurveda supliments, massages, diet and life style changes.
Anxiety Management Program:
8-10 Days self management program can help to overcome anxiety with proper counseling, yogic kriyas, ayurveda supliments, massages, diet and life style changes.
Asthma Management Program:
8-10 Days self management techniques can heal bronchial asthma, nasal allergy, chronic bronchitis and improve your lung capacity with proper counseling, life style changes, yogic kriyas, breathing exercises, pranayama, diet, ayurveda treatments.
Residential Program Package
- Duration: 8 days residential program at Art of Living International Ashram in Bangalore.
- Accommodation: available as single, two, three and four sharing basis.
- Food: Special diet food including breakfast, lunch, dinner & in-between meals. Disease specific Diet & Nutrition consultation is given by experts.
- Medical Services: Pre & post program diagnostic tests, nadi pariksha, ayurveda supplements, diet and psychological counseling facilitated by Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science & Research Hospital.
- Panchakarma Therapy: Two treatments (Abhyanga & Kshirodhara) are a part of the package. Additional treatments are available separately on request.
- Daily Satsangs: Group satsangs are held every day evening at ashram premises.
Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science & Research Hospital
The vision & mission of SSCASRH is to revitalize the highly specialized ancient science of Ayurveda. With modern state of the art diagnostic facilities, experienced specialists and trained support staff, the hospital is truly a world class centre in the ancient and time tested science of Ayurveda. It incorporates:
- More than 100 Ayurveda treatments.
- More than 1 lakh sq.ft area amidst nature, with 2 major operation theaters, superspecialty clinics in each branch of Ayurveda.
- Nadi Pareeksha, Marma Chikitsa and Ayurveda Pharmacy.
- X-ray, ECG, Ultrasonography and Lab facilities with Auto Analyser.
- Panchakarma treatment rooms with traditional equipments and modern facilities along with highly experienced therapists.
- Team of experts and Senior experienced consultants (Acharya Parishad) of Ayurveda for consultation.
- Special diet as per doctors’ advice
- Yoga consultation.
- Full fledged labor room with well equipped neonatal care unit.
- Suvarnaprashana for small children below ten years on every month on the day of Pushya Nakshatra.
- Eye unit with Auto refractometer, slit lamps and different treatments (Kriyakalpa).
- Full fledged Ano-Rectal clinic with Kshara therapy facility.
- A traditional Dhanwantari temple.