How to reach the International Center for Meditation & Well-Being in Boone
The Easiest Way to Reach with GPS
In your GPS, enter: 2200 U.S. 421, Boone, NC (Kangaroo/Marathon Gas Station)
There will be a traffic light at the gas station. This is the last traffic light in Boone if coming from the West and the first if coming from the East.
From the traffic light it will take approximately 15 minutes:
1. Turn onto Bamboo Rd. If coming from the East, it is a left turn. If coming from the South or West, it is a right turn. (3.2 mi)
2. Left onto Little Laurel Rd. (the last turn before the gravel road). (1.3 mi)
3. Right onto Little Laurel Extension (.6 mi)
4. Left onto Whispering Hills Rd
Once you reach the center:
For visitors, call (800) 392-6870. Continue straight past the welcome sign on Whispering Hills Rd and follow the reception signs. Turn Left onto Rock Cliff Rd, and walk down the slope to the ground floor reception area at 629 Whispering Hills Rd. This is the yellow golden building at the corner of Whispering Hills and Rock Cliff Rd.
Another Way to Reach the Meditation Center with GPS
Please enter all three destinations. Entering only one destination will lead your car to a blocked road.
1. Enter 629 Whispering Hills Rd as your destination.
2. Enter 644 Little Laurel Rd. as a via point.
3. Enter 2200 US 421 as a via point.
Following a Map:
You can find us on the map as “The International Center for Meditation and Well-Being”.
A cautionary note about GPS systems: many roads here are incorrectly labelled in the GPS navigation system. Please do not enter 136 Virgil Day Road in your GPS. It will take you to a locked black gate. If this does happen, please return West to Bamboo Rd., take a right onto Little Laurel Rd., a right onto Little Laurel Extended and a left onto Whispering Hills.
There are several airports nearby to Boone:
1. Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) in Charlotte, NC (100 miles)
From Charlotte airport, shuttles such as Hickory Hop go to Boone daily.
If you are renting a car, view driving directions from the airport in Google maps.
2. Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI) in Johnson City, TN (80 miles)
3. Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) in Greensboro, NC (110 miles)
4. Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) in Raleigh, NC (3.5 hours)