Good health is a first step towards a happy, fulfilling life. Yet a vast segments of the world's population have neither access to proper nutrition nor medical and dental care, nor do they receive basic education in maintaining good health. The 5H programme of the Art of Living Foundation aims to resolve this challenge.
The 5H programme has initiated projects in various areas of India, South Africa and Central and South America. The programme includes organising health care camps, which provide medical and dental care to the rural population. It introduces some age old simple practices which are good for human and environmental health in the long run.
The 5H programme has projects in various areas of the world, organising health care camps, which provide medical, dental and eye care to the rural population. Volunteers provide basic health care education. The 5H programme addresses health issues not only on the physical level but also on the mental, spiritual and emotional level.
Our health initiatives
- Setting up medical centres in various rural villages
- Dental & eye care camps to treat and educate villagers
- Providing ambulances for remote areas
- Initiating & running alcohol/tobacco/drug de-addiction and rehabilitation programmes
- Mobile medical vans that travel through villages giving treatments and educating about health issues
- Special maternity vans for women, in place of having to ride on rough bullock carts which helps to save the unborn babies