US cities honour HH Sri Sri Ravi Shankar 1st Nov 2008
City of Houston signs MoU with Art of Living to promote health & wellness
HOUSTON,USA: The Art of Living signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the City of Houston and the Mayor’s Council on Wellness to promote health and wellness in Houston. Under the MoU, the Art of Living will bring its effective stress relief and service programmes to the people of Houston.
The MoU was signed this week, at a time when the United States is undergoing financial turmoil and has elections round the corner . Signed between the Mayor of Houston Bill White and His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the pro- gramme will include specific programmes for inner city youth, returning war veterans, and prisoners among oth- ers. People turned up in large numbers in Austin, Dallas and Houston which was a part of his North American Fall tour .
The City of Houston honoured Sri Sri by proclaiming him Honorary Citizen and a Goodwill Ambassador of the city. In Atlanta, Georgia, Sri Sri was presented the Phoenix Award, the highest award given by the Office of the Mayor of Atlanta. This is the second time Sri Sri has been honoured with the prestigious award. Other highlights of the tour
- In Irving, Texas, October 29th was declared Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Day.
- He delivered a keynote address on human rights and religion at a function hosted by the UNESCO Chair for Human Rights and the Institute of Comparative Human Rights at University of Connecticut.
- Delivered a keynote address at a wellness symposium at University of North Texas in Dallas.
- Diwali celebrations in Dallas with Sri Sri attended by more than 4000 people.
- Addressed a distinguished gathering at Rice University.
- Addressed physicians & scientists.
Economy is the most vital aspect of any society. Not...read more
"If you drop out of school, you are six times more...read more