Often we blame our genes for us being on the wrong side of the scale. Don't we? But try giving it a second thought and you see will see that there is a lot in our hands. This article gives you an insight to weight loss with yoga and for those who are swearing by their weight and would look to see a new you next time in the mirror.
• Weight loss is all about 80% of eating habits and 20% of working out.
• Aim to lose both body fat as well as overall weight.
• Be regular and more often in your yoga practices.
• Keep the metabolism active by having 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours. This will also help you in
keeping your pseudo hunger at bay.
• Be passionate about your yoga workout. For the passion will help you to go deeper into your yoga practices.
• Be 100% with the food on the dinner table avoid watching T.V or chatting over the phone when eating and have a balanced diet.
• Always remember the 3’d’s of weight loss – discipline, determination and dedication.
The story so Far…. Weight Loss and Yoga:
Can yoga really help losing weight? The basic fact about yoga is that it is an aerobic exercise which can help you get in shape when done at moderate speed. If you are looking for a serious weight loss then it needs to be done under the supervision of a yoga expert and over a period of time. Advantage of yoga is that leaves you fresh and new every time you are done with your yoga workout. The reason behind it being the fact that yoga brings your mind, body and breath on the same platform. This phenomenon makes it more interesting and easy and effective compared to other workouts.
Interested in weight loss yoga workouts? Click here.
Know the difference between weight loss/inch loss:
Gearing up for your best friend's wedding; you start working out before a month's time so that you are picture perfect on the wedding date. You lost an inch here and there from those places where you wanted it from and you are ready to go. You feel happy about it, the wedding is over and what you notice is that those inches are back where it belonged too after the binging it at the wedding.
For those who looking at weight loss, should chalk out a proper plan with the calendar and set small goals for themselves. These goals should be achievable; they give a lot of confidence when achieved and act as fuel to reach the next set of goal.
Minding the Mind:
The secret to weight loss is in getting your act right. We tend to find the solution to weight loss in those pills or bottles and the latest crazy diets too. But the truth lies in the fact that there is no other alternative to hard work, torching those unwanted calories in a way which is easy on your body and its fun too. For that you need to set your mind set right. For the mind is where it all starts. If you are here then we assume that you mean serious business and honestly looking for an answer to weight loss.
Control your weight before it controls you:
Age plays an important role in weight loss too, if you are young then the chances of you getting into the shape are high with minimal efforts but it is though for those who are on other side of thirties and looking for weight loss. Once you cross thirties special attention needs to be given to eating habits. Fats, carbohydrates and proteins are the main contents of any meal. Choosing them wisely over the different meals of the day will help you to go long way in achieving your goal. Complex carbohydrates and healthy fats can be a part of your breakfast but including the same for your supper might not be a great idea. Also tracking your diet can help you to give you an idea of where your macronutrients are coming from. Remember to track each and every thing which goes in. This will make you aware of what you are having throughout the day and next time will make you think twice before gulping down your favorite cup cake. The more educate yourself with the food labels, the more you become cautious and avoid them. It's all about bringing it to awareness.
Keep the fun factors going!!
Sticking to your goals and diet plan and achieving those calls for applause. Keep yourself motivated till the goal is accomplished. With your daily yoga routine try to include these over the weekend.
1. Go out with your friends on short trek on the outskirts of the city. Being outdoors help you to be close to the nature and gives you the required break from your yoga schedule.
2. Plan a beach trip – When was the last when you walked barefoot on the white sands of the blue seas and the froth of the waves kissing your feet? Make the best of the beach trip by walking on the never ending shores and don't forget to carry your yoga mat.
3. Bicycle anyone? Bicycling is another outdoor activity which gives you a good workout and with friends around you won't even come to know the distance you have travelled.
It's important to be outdoors as it elevates you, gives you the required break and helps you prepare for the yoga routine coming week. Most important of all is that these activities have helped you torch down calories. You can excuse yourself for the slice of pizza at the end of the day.