May 15 2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
A Fine BalanceOctober 16, 2014
- Spend Time with Yourself
- Maintain a Perfect Balance
- Corruption Free Government
- Woman Entrepreneur
- Vasudaiva Kutumbakam
- The Best Way to Overcome Fear
The Measure Of KarmaOctober 8, 2014
- The Criteria of Karma
- Do Good to Others
- Self Imposed Prayaschita
- Experiences of Sri Sri
- Have Faith & Move Ahead
Desires Are Never EndingOctober 3, 2014
- Service Elevates Life
- Commitments Can Be Changed
- Creation is Full of Diversity
- The Source of Joy
- Finding the Perfect Guru
Ethics in SportsSeptember 22, 2014
- Sports: An Integral Part of Life
- Ethical Standards of Sports
- Sports from a Wider Angel
- A Higer Role for Sportsmen
- Engaging Sportsmen in Peace Building Initiatives
Happiness Is Good For HealthSeptember 20, 2014
- Being Centered Is Being Healthy
- Science & Spirituality
- Butter is Good For the Heart
- Get Rid of Superstitions
- In Life Always Take The Middle Path
Generosity: A Key To SuccessSeptember 11, 2014
- Meditation is Mental Hygiene
- A Mature Joy
- An Attitude of Sharing
- Arrogance Cannot Stay On
- Making Someone Else Win is Also a Joy
Moving Beyond PrejudiceSeptember 8, 2014
- People Means Politics
- Don't Be Prejudiced
- Accept People As They Are
- In Life Keep Moving Ahead
- A Tip On Bhastrika