Fri, 05/15/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Guru Poornima MessageJuly 13, 2014
- Guru is Present Like Space
- Wisdom Bring Happiness
- Wisdom is a Shift in Consciousness
- Coming to the Guru
- Gratefulness is the Way to the Guru
Share Our WealthJuly 4, 2014
- It Is Not Wrong To Be Rich
- Getting Rid of Religion
- Dealing with Terrorism
- A Bigger Identity
- Multi-religious Education For Children
The Head Of MeditationJune 28, 2014
- Meditations is a Happening
- Approaches to Meditation
- 4 Functions of Consciousness
- God is Not a Person
- Do Not Mix Spiritual Techniques
Facing CriticismJune 25, 2014
- Dealing with Criticism
- Devotion is a Gift
- Increasing Self-confidence
- The Key to Success
- Kriya Yoga vs. Sudarshan Kriya