May 15 2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Making A Better WorldAugust 14, 2015
- Don't Hide Your Mistakes
- Open Your Heart to the Guru
- A Guru is Never Judgemental
- The Truth of Ramayana
Drop the PastAugust 12, 2015
- Dealing with a Tough Marriage
- Maintain Mental Hygiene
- Handling People's Expectations
- Keeping Sexual Desire Under Control
Guru Is Greater Than GodJuly 31, 2015
- Guru Leads You to God
- Importance of Planting Trees
- Namaaz and Meditation
- Meditation and Premonitions
- Dealing with Possessive Parents