Locust Posture (Shalabasana)
- Breathing in, raise the right leg up. Keep the leg straight and do not twist the hip.
- Hold and keep breathing.
- Breathing out, bring the right leg down.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the left leg. Take 2-3 deep breaths.
- Breathing in, and with some momentum, lift both legs up, as high as possible, keeping the knees straight.
- Breathing out, bring the legs down, take the arms out from underneath, and rest.
- Repeat the above sequence with hands facing down in step 2.
- Increases flexibility and strength of the entire back
- Strengthens shoulders and arms
- Tones the nerves and muscles especially in the neck and shoulders
- Massages and tones abdominal organs, and improves digestion
View All - Yoga Postures Lying on Stomach
>><< Boat Pose <<Superman Pose >>
Latest Yoga Articles
Sri Sri Yoga Courses