Art of Living Yoga is a discipline, both gentle and powerful, that integrates elements from the different paths of yoga, especially Hatha yoga, uniting the body, mind and breath in awareness. Here the wisdom and techniques of yoga are brought to you in a joyful and thorough manner, and covers a vast range from breathing techniques to various body postures (asanas) to knowledge and guided meditations. The Art of Living Yoga goes beyond the physical body and helps you sharpen your sensitivity towards more subtle levels of existence, leading to a full blossoming of the human potential.
Art of Living Yoga Level 1
This 10-hours workshop provides an experience of all aspects of yoga, including:
- Combination of gentle and vigorous postures as well as dynamic exercises
- Powerful breathing techniques
- Application of yogic Knowledge
- Simple tools for relaxation
- Guided meditations
- Yogic perspective on attaining a balanced diet
- Introduction to Ayurveda, the science of life
A personal yoga plan is charted for everyone and they are introduced to ayurveda where they learn about yogic diet. Through this course, the bountiful fruits of yoga can be experienced quickly.
Course format: You can experience the Art of Living Yoga Level 1 in your neighbourhood or treat yourself to a yoga retreat in one of The Art of Living Centers.
- In your neighbourhood, Art of Living Yoga Level 1 Course is offered as a five days workshop, either consecutive or weekly, for two hours each day.
- Residential Art of Living Yoga Level 1: Report on Friday by 4 PM and depart on Sunday from 1 PM onwards.
- Non-residential Art of Living Yoga Level 1: Five sessions are spread over two weekends (Sat-Sun-Fri-Sat-Sun) for two hours each day.
Art of Living Yoga Level 2
As yoga enthusiasts many of us are on the lookout for a yoga course that can help us explore the depths of yoga - from philosophy to practice. The Art of Living Yoga Level 1 introduces us to the techniques of asana, pranayam and meditation; while the Art of Living Yoga Level 2 gives us an opportunity to go deeper into the realm of yoga and understand what it means to live like a yogi!
Dive deep in Yoga
Advanced yoga does not have to necessarily mean difficult yoga. Here we thoroughly explore yoga postures, ancient yogic knowledge, breathing and meditation in a gentle yet profound, celebrative and joyful retreat setting.
- Correct your postures for better symmetry and alignment
- Physical and emotional cleansing through Shankh Prakshalan and Neti
- Understand yoga scriptures better
- Learn new pranayamas (breathing techniques) such as Chandrabhedi, Suryabhedi, Sheetali
- Experience SSaHC* : Subtle strengthening and Healing Contractions
- Experience silence in activity and activity in silence
*SSaHC: A new, gentle and meditative muscle contraction exercise program for strengthening and toning muscles, restoring the balance and harmony at physical and pranic levels, decreasing chronic pains, and above all for giving you a meditative experience of yourself.
Course format: Four day residential course
For more information about courses, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.