Fri, 05/15/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Things We Cannot ChangeJuly 2, 2015
- Strung by a Single Thread
- Destiny Combined with Freewill
- Dealing with Negative People
- Best Way to Forgive
- Balancing the Accounts of Karma
A Sign Of True FriendshipJune 26, 2015
- Bringing Transformation
- Sri Sri's Political Preference
- Spiritualizing Politics
- Hinduism: One God with Many Forms
The Wonderland Of YogaJune 25, 2015
- Wonder Takes You to Yoga
- Be Skillful In Action
- The Hmmmkara Mantra
- A Way to Handle Negative Thoughts
Meditation Is Mental HygieneJune 10, 2015
- Freedom of Expression
- What Are You Fighting For?
- A Sect of Happy People
- Confusion Pushes You Forward
- Nature of the 5 Senses