Fri, 05/15/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
The 'Yoga' WayApril 22, 2015
- The Way to Remove Stress
- Yoga is a Treasure
- The Benefits of Yoga
- Handling Negative Emotions with Yoga
Bhagavad Gita Ch.7April 9, 2015
- Desire: the Source of Creation
- Desire is no Against Dharma
- 3 States of Consciousness
- Going Beyond Maya
- Violence Will Not Lead You to God
Patience And PerseveranceApril 7, 2015
- Life Should be a Celebration
- 5 Experiences You Must Have
- How to Develop Your Personality
- Realize How Precious Life Is