Fri, 15/05/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Your Emotional IntelligenceDecember 17, 2014
- Don't Allow Another to Cheat You
- Act Wisely at All Times
- Dealing with Insults
- When is Divorce Acceptable?
Learning From MistakesDecember 15, 2014
- Where Do Your Loyalties Lie?
- Avoid Making Mistakes
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- We Must Bring an End to Female Feticide.
No Religion Preaches HateDecember 11, 2014
- Time to Establish Our Commitment Towards Peace
- India Has Never Been Aggressive
- Non-violence is the Way
- Nether God Nor Religion Preaches Hate
No Room for GuiltDecember 9, 2014
- Avoid Guilt & Self-blame
- Knowledge is Very Precious
- Love is a Gift
- Share Your Knowledge with Others
To The Farmers Of IndiaNovember 27, 2014
- Annadaata Sukhi Bhava
- Farming in India
- Bless Those Who Provide You With Food
The Test Of TimeNovember 24, 2014
- The Definition of Truth
- Spirituality is a Science
- The Six Darshana
- An Introduction to Nyaya Darshana