Fri, 05/15/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Effective LeadershipMay 28, 2015
- Spirituality Promotes Leadership
- Signs of a Good Leader
- Understanding Your Responsibilities
- Health Tips by Sri Sri
- How to Control the Mind
Listen To Your HeartMay 27, 2015
- Balancing Family & Work
- Charity is Essential
- Times When You Say 'No'
- The Art of Living Journey
- Understanding the Meaning of 'Maya'
A Commitment ToMay 22, 2015
- Steps to a Healthy Relationship
- The Good Ego & Bad Ego
- The Way to Control Emotions
- Understanding Emotions
Right Kind Of EducationMay 15, 2015
- Choose Flowers Not Guns
- Meditation is not Concentration
- 3 Golden Rules for Meditation
- Education Should Bring Intuition
- Stress is the Cause of Conflict