Fri, 05/15/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
Strive To Be OrdinaryJuly 15, 2015
- Enlightenment is for the Ordinary
- Is Ashwatthama Alive?
- The Special River Ganga
- Rapid Fire with Sri Sri
- Talent and Ego
Emotional Intelligence MattersJuly 10, 2015
- Managing your Emotions
- Be Humble Yet Authoritative
- The Beauty of Being Centered
- The Positive Effect of Meditation
Making Life A CelebrationJuly 6, 2015
- Life from a Bigger Perspective
- Be Content & Have Faith
- Contentment Will Bring Miracles
- 2017 - The Year or Transformation
Company Of The TruthJuly 3, 2015
- Truth Beyond Time
- Meditation Helps Decision Making
- Self knowledge & Immortality
- Why Brahma is not Worshiped
The Way To Please GodJune 30, 2015
- Be Content to Please God
- 3 Types of Bodies
- Cause of Suicide Tendencies
- The Science Behind Liberation
- Mantras: Greatest Source of Strength