Fri, 15/05/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
The Circle Of DesiresNovember 20, 2014
- The Truth About Desires
- Connecting with the Divine
- The Science Behind Fasting
- The Right Way to Fast
- A Note on Islam
Peace Begins With MeNovember 19, 2014
- 3 Kinds of Doubt
- We Must Accept People
- Diversity with Harmony
- Lack of Understanding of Religion is the Cause of War
Strength Through FaithNovember 11, 2014
- Do Away With Doubts
- Choose Strength Not Weakness
- Sri Sri on Dus Mahavidya
- The Secret Behind Yoga Nidra
- The Importance of Peace
Faith Is Good EnoughNovember 6, 2014
- Don't Try to Surrender
- Have a 'Yes' Mind
- The Key to Life: Be Centered
- Animal are Aligned with Nature
Being Joyful & ChildlikeNovember 3, 2014
- Finding Everlasting Happiness
- 3 Hindrances to Joy
- Magic of Meditation
Just Let Go!October 29, 2014
- The First Step of Yoga
- The Simplest Form of Awareness
- Introduction to Vedic Wisdom
- Foundation of Ayurveda