Fri, 15/05/2009 Afghanistan
All desires are for happiness. That is the goal of every desire, isn’t it? Yet how often does your desire lead you to the goal?
Have you thought about the nature of desire? It simply means joy tomorrow and not now, doesn’t it?
Joy is never tomorrow. It is always now.
When you are joyful, how can you have desires? And how can you be joyful right now when you have desires?
Desire appears to lead you to happiness. In fact it cannot.
And that is why it is maya.
What do you say?
Read earlier posts
The Ultimate LoveDecember 16, 2014
- 8 Levels of Existence
- Spirituality is Important
- Spirituality Brings Peace & Happiness
- The 3 Kinds of Faith
Healthier Than Ever BeforeDecember 12, 2014
- The Tradition of Ayurveda
- Sri Sri Ayurveda College
- True Sign of Health
- Knowledge & Service Go Hand in Hand
Peace Is PossibleDecember 10, 2014
- Peace Education is a Must
- Religion Does Not Preach Violence
- Values Behind All Religions are the Same
- Yoga Can Help Bring Peace
Expanding Your AwarenessNovember 25, 2014
- The Goal of Knowledge
- The Soul is all that there is
- The Absolute & Relative Worlds
- Sri Sri on Varanasi
- Sri Sri on the Pakistan-Kashmir Issue