Sosebenza (meaning: 'let us work together') is a community-based youth center in Masiphumelele Township, Cape Town. The aim of the center to build and maintain a safe and inspiring environment where the youth of ‘Masi’ can be nourished - physically, intellectually and emotionally.
The center is a dynamic space used by different organizations that share a similar goal – to uplift the youth, by offering a wholesome alternative to gangs, drugs and violence. At present activities at the center include
- a Women’s Empowerment Sewing Project,
- The Bicycle Empowerment Network,
- Litha Lomsa (an environmental education and action group),
- An organic vegetable garden from which the children are fed,
- A Recycling Centre,
- Various Dance and Church Groups
- Indigenous flower garden.
- Monthly Breath-Water-Sound workshops