How to do One-Legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you, keeping the spine erect.
- Bend the left knee and place the left foot against the right thigh, keeping the left knee on the floor.
- Breathing in, raise both arms above your head and stretch up, and twist a little to the right from the waist.
- Breathing out, bend forward from the hip joints keeping the spine straight, directing your chin to the toes.
- If you can, hold on to your big toes and, pointing your elbows to the ground, move forward as you pull on your toes.
- Hold. Keep breathing.
- Breathing in, come up and breathing out, bring the arms down to the sides.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of the One-Legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Stretches lower back
- Massages the abdominal organs and tones the shoulders
View All - Sitting Yoga Postures
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Art of Living Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and an Art of Living Yoga teacher. Find an Art of Living Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.