Believe it or not, but with more and more fitness enthusiasts turning to yoga, it can now be said that the ancient form of exercise has arrived. To jumpstart the metabolic activity, to burn calories or to pack on killer muscles, yoga has become part of the mainstream.
In fact, if you’re looking to get in shape, look no further than here. You’re sure to find an answer to the perennial question: How to increase metabolism with yoga?
If you’re facing a metabolic slow-down, do not worry. Yoga has ways to trick your body into flaming those wicked calories out of existence. Yoga works on you from the inside-out, at various levels. It is a fusion of physical, mental and spiritual exercises that targetthe body-mind balance. So, while you can relieve stress and experience bliss, you can also focus on creating lean muscle mass with yoga.
Yoga boosts metabolism via digestion
Yoga poses massage the digestive organs. This helps the digestive tract function smoothly, which in turn boosts metabolism. Good digestion also backs up every facet of overall health in the bargain.
Yoga intensifies metabolism via good blood circulation
When delivery of pure, oxygenated blood is disrupted, the organs are affected. Poor blood circulation slows down metabolism. Deep and slow breathing during yoga allows the arteries to open up and release pressure, stepping up the blood flow.
Yoga improves metabolism via glandular function
Yoga asanas compress, stretch and twist the body. This massages all the organs and glands inside. When the thyroid gland is stimulated, it releases thyroxine, which directly impacts metabolic activity. Yoga supports the endocrine system leading to overall hormonal balance and optimum body weight maintenance.
Yoga hikes up metabolism via muscle build-up
When you practice yoga, large muscle groups automatically come into play, while the smaller ones quickly follow suit to assist with each position. When this kind of rapport happens between assorted muscle groups, muscles start to build. The more muscles you build the more calories you burn. The more calories you burnthe more the metabolic rate races up to burn those calories.
Jumpstart your metabolism, aid weight loss and improve your general health with these yoga asanas.
Yoga poses to boost Metabolism
Even the most generous praise in favor of Surya Namaskar may not do enough justice. This set of 12 asanas is an exercise regime by itself. Done at a clipped pace, it serves as an efficient aerobic activity. Done at a medium pace, it still has incredible benefits, for example:
- Charges up the blood flow
- Upgrades digestion
- Works out the entire body, cuts away excess weight
- Strengthens muscles and joints
- Spikes flexibility
- Regulates sugar levels
- Helps the body detox
- Calms the mind
- Makes the spine flexible
- Strengthens neck, shoulders, arms, and back
- Tones the nerves, especially in the neck and shoulders
- Massages and tones abdominal organs
- Improves digestion
- Trims belly fat. Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Helps develop six pack abs
- Boosts digestion
- Speeds up blood circulation
- Regulates the pancreas, liver, and lungs
- Assists diabetics in maintaining balanced sugar levels
- Perks up digestion
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Improves the function of various organs: kidney, liver, pancreas, small and big intestines
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Opens up the neck, shoulders, and chest
- Tones the arm and leg muscles
- Good stress and fatigue buster
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders
- Keeps the spine flexible
- Brings relief from constipation and indigestion
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates the thyroid and parathyroid glands and normalizes their functions
- Aids the kidneys, liver and intestines
- Stimulates the thyroid gland
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Gives a good stretch to the neck, chest, and spine
- Calms the brain; reducing anxiety, stress, and depression
Stress can also wreak havoc with your metabolism. Curb it completely by combining yoga asanas with pranayama and meditation. In addition, you could try Sahaj Samadhi– this is a meditation with your own personal mantra. All these are effective stress management techniques which will initiate calm, increase energy levels, and support metabolic health.
Yoga checks out your balance, flexibility, and strength. It is a holistic approach to weight management and overall health. Why not take full advantage of yoga to tip the scales in your favor? Start a yoga program right away!
Find a Sri Sri program at an Art of Living Center near you.
Would you like to share your feedback? Write to us at email@example.com