About the book
Bhanumathi Narasimhan, Gurudev's sister, recounts the life of Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in vivid details in the book, 'Gurudev: On the Plateau of the Peak.’ This book takes the reader on a journey through the different stages of his epic life including
- A tender look at the simple joys of thier innocent childhood
- Memories of his younger days and the beginning of a mystical unfolding
- The time spent in the company of great saints
- How Sudarshan Kriya came to him and the beginning of the Art of Living
- His travels around the world to spread the knowledge
- Why he chose to go to Iraq, Sri Lanka, Colombia...
- An intimate account of his relationship with his mother
- How he brought the world together several times over
It is a front-row view of the phenomenon that has turned into one of the world's largest global spiritual movements. It shows a personal look at someone with a universal appeal. Bhanu didi tells the story of how her brother became Gurudev.
Gurudev: On the Plateau of the Peak
About Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a globally revered spiritual and humanitarian leader. He has spearheaded an unprecedented worldwide movement for a stress-free, violence-free society. Gurudev has reached an estimated 370 million people across 155 countries through programs, teachings, organizations including The Art of Living and the International Association for Human Values. Gurudev has developed unique, impactful programs that empower, equip and transform individuals to tackle challenges at global, national, community and individual levels.
A voice of peace and human values
Excerpts from the book