Team Art of Living at the TCS World 10K Bengaluru
“It’s going to be an emotional run…..”
“I want to raise awareness of the problems”
“I can’t wait to cross the finish line…”
Thoughts before a marathon: All the above and more.
Marathon motivation: Fitness, team spirit, social impact…many.
Impact created when I run: Immeasurable.
If ‘immeasurable’ seems like an exaggeration, consider this. A middle-aged lady, Dwaraka, raised Rs 47 Lacs for a cause at the TCS Marathon last year. A social entrepreneur who continues to invent himself even after retirement, raised Rs 12 Lacs. This is only the money they raised. These amounts have been pumped back into social causes, setting off a valuable chain reaction at the grassroots. Families, children and women have been empowered by giving education and livelihood training.
In the TCS 10K 2017 run:
- Rs 25 lakhs were raised for causes associated with children
- Over a crore was raised for community development
- Over 2 crores, 16 lakhs were raised for education
- Total of 9,000+ donors contributed
Here’s a chance for you to run with us.
Join ‘Team Art of Living’ at the TCS World 10K Bengaluru marathon 2018 and become a change maker.
Run for any of our causes listed below.
Social causes that we support
“He who opens a school door, closes a prison.”
- Provided education to more than 58,904 children from 435 free schools across 20 states in India
- Providing free, holistic, value-based education in rural, tribal and urban slums in India
Contribute to our free schools that provide free, holistic, value-based education to underprivileged children.
“An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves.”
- Reached 40,212 villages with the 5H program – Health, Hygiene, Homes, Harmony in diversity, Human values
- Trained over 6,000 farmers in organic farming
- Rural electrification in 5000 homes, benefiting over 30,000 people. Adopted 108 villages for “Light-a-Home” project
Contribute to our rural development program which train youth from local communities to lead service projects in their local communities
“Rivers are the lifeline of a country.”
- 35 rivers across Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka have been rejuvenated
- Rejuvenation of Kaveri river in Bengaluru is ongoing which will transform lives of 1.5 lakh people
Contribute towards our efforts to rejuvenate our nations' rivers using the latest technology, scientific knowledge and subject matter expertise.
“Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented.”
- Initiatives have been taken to clean ponds and lakes in Bengaluru city
- Kaveri river cleaning and rejuvenating has been started
Contribute to our initiative of cleaning ponds and lakes in Bengaluru City
|Name of the event||TCS World 10K Bengaluru|
|Date||27th May 2018|
|Venue||Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru|
|Timing of run||Coming soon|
|Types of run||1. Open 10K Run
2. Majja Run
3. Senior Citizen's Run
4. Champions with disability
|Registration end date||Friday, 27th April 2018 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier.|
"With each passing year, the TCS World 10K has been instrumental in developing and positioning Bengaluru as an active running hub in the country and a city that is committed to its own fitness and health. The enthusiasm with which the people take on this challenge is a testament to the spirit of the city."
"The TCS World 10K, when we started off was to try and build a strong sports culture in the city, but year on year, the number of entries and level of competition sees a steep increase."
"The contribution to charity has also been commendable and we complement the efforts of the people who raised Rs. 33.89 crores in charity alone across the ten years, which shows that this run is not only about the sport, but also about giving. "