By Sejal Shah | Posted: January 08, 2020
With the turn of a new year comes the time for personal resolutions. Each year, as the calendar turns from December to January, millions of people all over the world make resolutions for self-improvement.
Even though we may not fully succeed in meeting all our goals, making a resolution regardless keeps our attention and focus on our aspirations, and helps us to take a few steps forward. According to a, among the Americans who reported having a New Year’s resolution in 2019, 44% say they are either still going strong with their commitment, or they have already reached their goal.
When your resolutions come with the promise of a better, more fulfilling life, you’ve got even more incentive to see them through! If you’ve ever wished you could take your passion for yoga and wellness to the next level, we’ve got just the resolution for you.
Read on to learn how to win up to $1000 in scholarships for the Sri Sri School of Yoga’s 200H Yoga Teacher Training Program, and change your life in the process with our
Better mental health is becoming a more popular resolution
According to the same survey mentioned above, for 2020, Americans are increasingly making the resolution to adopt healthy habits concerning their finances, their bodies, and their minds, too.
38 percent of participants surveyed wanted to improve their mental well-being through stress reduction and other techniques such as mindfulness: a sign of a growing awareness of how people have started realizing the importance of mental health for overall well being.
Devoting quality time to your mental health is just as important as spending time on your physical health. Mental illness can increase the risk of other diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. The says that over 50 percent of all Americans will be diagnosed with a mental illness at some point in their lifetimes. Whether you enjoy meditation, practice yoga, or see a therapist, focusing on your can help improve work-life balance, enhance sleep, and assist you in achieving your health goals.
Treat yourself better and say no to stress
Everyone is obsessed with keeping up a fast-paced life and with making more money. Does it seem like you’re always trying to fit in as many tasks as possible? Does your happiness seem to depend on your quarterly Key Performance Indicator (KPI)? After all of the extra hours you are putting in at work, hoping for a better paycheck by the end of the month, you might as well ask yourself if everything is worth the stress that you experience.
In 2020, be your own hero by starting to take care of your mental health and put yourself first.
Here is how yoga comes into play. When I say yoga, it is not just about physical postures, but about breathwork, meditation, and adopting yoga as lifestyle. Yoga, when practiced traditionally with these aspects, helps with mental health, physical health, and energy levels, in turn affecting every single area of your life.
The 21-Day Yoga Challenge by the Sri Sri School of Yoga
As the new decade begins, one way to prioritize your mental health is to commit to a regular yoga and meditation practice. To help you, we at have designed a fantastic yoga challenge that will span over 21 days and implant in you a powerful seed of a life-long committed yoga practice.
Have you ever played with the idea of doing a yoga challenge? Whether you’re curious about how to start your own home practice, or you’d like to rededicate yourself to a daily yoga routine, an online 21-day yoga challenge is a great way to receive inspiration and guidance from the comfort of your own home.
A 21-day yoga challenge represents a personal commitment you make to yourself. If you find it challenging to make it to class at a local gym or studio, practicing along with a dedicated yoga challenge video at whatever time of day works for you could be just the thing to jumpstart your yoga practice in the new year.
8 HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS 21-DAY YOGA CHALLENGE
Participating in a 21-day yoga challenge means committing to practicing yoga every day for 21 days straight. It offers you a structure for creating time each day to . Here are some highlights that will make this challenge very unique, special, and rewarding.
Yoga is for everyone: Whether you are a newbie to yoga, an occasional practitioner, or a veteran, this challenge offers something for everyone irrespective of your body size, flexibility, and yoga experience. Love the inclusivity!
Try something completely unexpected: Beyond the flows and sequences that are routinely practiced in yoga studios across the USA, we’ve included some very special sequences that you may not have heard of or practiced before. Enjoy the surprises!
It’s both fun and challenging: Some of the sequences are so much fun to do, while some sequences challenge you to grow in your practice. Embrace both!
We take a holistic approach: Apart from yoga postures, every day you will also participate in breathing practices, peaceful meditations, and also learn some yoga wisdom. Grow holistically!
You will cherish its simplicity and authenticity: The Art of Living Foundation and Sri Sri School of Yoga has offered authentic, traditional (scripture based), and wholesome yoga teachings worldwide for almost four decades. The sequences included in the challenge resonate with authenticity and simplicity, and you will just fall in love with them. This is yoga getting back to its roots! Treasure it!
Reinforce your new knowledge: Every day, we will quiz you with a question based on the sequence of the day. This will help you focus on learning. You need to answer the question within 24 hours. Be ready for it!
You can win a scholarship to become a 200H certified yoga teacher: The winners will get a scholarship worth $500-$1000 that they can use to enroll for the offered by the Sri Sri School of Yoga in the year 2020. Grab this opportunity!
Reap the long-lasting benefits of yoga: Whether you want to do this 200 H teacher training program or not, this 21 day yoga challenge will help you to improve your asana practice. More importantly, however, it will allow you to begin to experience the effects of a consistent yoga practice on your day-to-day life. While you’ll certainly notice improvements in your and flexibility, you may also notice more subtle benefits, such as improved mood and attitude and better sleep patterns, enriching the quality of your life. According to a recent Harvard Medical School study, . Dedicating yourself to your practice—making time for even a quick sequence every day—can have lasting effects on your physical, mental and spiritual health and thus overall well being. Sow the seeds!
Are you ready for the 21-Day Yoga Challenge?
The challenge will begin on Feb 1st and end on Feb 21st, 2020.
It is open only for the first 1000 participants who register online with a token fee of $21 before January 25th 2020.
Find here to enter into the challenge and be qualified to win scholarships.
Register and grab your spot soon!
Once you register, you will receive in your email a daily sequence along with practice video for 21 days, starting from Feb 1st. Make sure that you register with a correct email address, so you’re getting every daily sequence!
If you have any questions about the challenge, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding our teacher training program, you can a phone appointment with our teacher training adviser .
Setting yourself up to succeed with this 21-day yoga challenge
If the thought of beginning a 21-day yoga challenge is overwhelming—don’t worry. There are many ways to set yourself up for success! Here are some tips for overcoming a few of the obstacles that many of us face when beginning a yoga challenge.
1) Join with a friend: Many people find new activities more enjoyable when they embark upon them with a friend. Find a friend who is willing to join you for this 21-day yoga challenge! You and your practice buddy can either practice together or practice on your own and simply encourage each other with daily texts and check-ins. Inspire each other and hold each other accountable, and you may discover that getting on your mat each day is much easier than you thought. Plus, having a friend along for the ride can make the challenge a lot more fun and rewarding.
2) Encourage others to join: When you invite and inspire others to join a program, your own commitment towards it becomes even more stronger. Share your intentions on social media, tag your friends, and invite them to join! Plus, if you invite your social media friends and they join with your referral, you earn some brownie points and the chances of you winning the prize scholarship are improved. You may use your own creativity to create your social posts or you are free to use the following graphic. It is absolutely your choice.
3) Start with achievable goals: Jump in with realistic expectations! If you’ve never practiced yoga before, don't expect to command advanced poses during or after just 21 days of yoga. We have carefully selected sequences to suit beginners as well as advanced practitioners. While for the weekends, we will send you about 60-90 minute sequence, for weekdays, we have opted for a shorter practice with 30-60 minute sequences. Setting achievable goals will help you to achieve those goals and celebrate your success.
4) Celebrate your victories, small or big: Throughout your 21 days, you’re sure to make some noticeable strides. Give yourself credit along the way! Pat yourself on the back for getting on the mat each day, realizing that that in itself is a huge achievement. Once again go on your social media and share your achievements with your community. Acknowledge when you keep your daily practice promise, even when you didn't want to or when your schedule seemed overwhelming. Celebrating victories—whether small or large—will help make your 21-day yoga challenge highly fulfilling.
5) Track your practice: One of the best ways to keep yourself motivated throughout a yoga challenge is to track your progress. Start a journal and consider keeping a literal log of the amount of time spent on each day. By the end of the challenge, you’re likely to notice tangible improvements each passing day. Acknowledge them.
We invite you to join us and transform your life. Come learn with us at Sri Sri School of Yoga—today!
for a 21-day yoga challenge NOW, and discover the difference that daily practice can make in your life.
Wish you the best and have a happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year!
Sejal Shah, E-YRT 500 Sri Sri Yoga Teacher, YACEP, Meditation Teacher, Happiness expert, NYU Post Graduate Medical School approved Yoga-CME retreat facilitator, Mind-Body Wellness Writer, Homeopath. She can be followed on , , and .