- Lie on your back; feet together and hands relaxed alongside the body.
- Breathing in, lift the right leg with a smooth and continuous movement. Lift the leg as high as possible without bending the knees.
- Keeping the left leg pressed to the floor, flex your right foot so as to put a footprint on the ceiling.
- If you want more of a stretch, wrap your hands around the right leg to bring it closer to you and then release the hands.
- Tighten your abdomen by pulling the navel area inward. Keep breathing.
- Raise both arms up and point them towards the right foot.
- Breathing in, raise the upper torso from the ground and reach for the raised foot without actually holding onto the foot. Keep the abdominal muscles tight.
- Breathing out, slowly bring the upper torso, the arms and the right leg to the ground.
- Repeat the whole sequence with raising the left leg.
- Stretches calf, hamstring and upper back muscles;
- Strengthens abdominal muscles.
View All - Standing Yoga Postures