Awareness depends upon your ability to open and shut your windows. When there is a storm, you need to shut your windows – otherwise you will get wet. When it is hot and suffocating inside, you need to open your windows.
Your senses are like windows. When you are awake, you have the ability to open and shut your windows at will; then you are free.
If your windows cannot be shut or opened at will, you are bound. Attending to this is sadhana, or spiritual practice.
To the degree that you are awake, everything around you brings knowledge. If you are not awake, even the most precious knowledge does not make any sense.
Read earlier posts
The Way To Please GodJune 30, 2015
- Be Content to Please God
- 3 Types of Bodies
- Cause of Suicide Tendencies
- The Science Behind Liberation
- Mantras: Greatest Source of Strength
A Sign Of True FriendshipJune 26, 2015
- Bringing Transformation
- Sri Sri's Political Preference
- Spiritualizing Politics
- Hinduism: One God with Many Forms
The Wonderland Of YogaJune 25, 2015
- Wonder Takes You to Yoga
- Be Skillful In Action
- The Hmmmkara Mantra
- A Way to Handle Negative Thoughts
Meditation Is Mental HygieneJune 10, 2015
- Freedom of Expression
- What Are You Fighting For?
- A Sect of Happy People
- Confusion Pushes You Forward
- Nature of the 5 Senses
Faith In ActionJune 4, 2015
- Eradicate Substance Abuse
- The Root Cause of Crime
- Emotional Intelligence
- A Better Society
- The Declaration of Faith In Action