Awareness depends upon your ability to open and shut your windows. When there is a storm, you need to shut your windows – otherwise you will get wet. When it is hot and suffocating inside, you need to open your windows.
Your senses are like windows. When you are awake, you have the ability to open and shut your windows at will; then you are free.
If your windows cannot be shut or opened at will, you are bound. Attending to this is sadhana, or spiritual practice.
To the degree that you are awake, everything around you brings knowledge. If you are not awake, even the most precious knowledge does not make any sense.
Read earlier posts
Making A Better WorldAugust 14, 2015
- Don't Hide Your Mistakes
- Open Your Heart to the Guru
- A Guru is Never Judgemental
- The Truth of Ramayana
Drop the PastAugust 12, 2015
- Dealing with a Tough Marriage
- Maintain Mental Hygiene
- Handling People's Expectations
- Keeping Sexual Desire Under Control
Guru Is Greater Than GodJuly 31, 2015
- Guru Leads You to God
- Importance of Planting Trees
- Namaaz and Meditation
- Meditation and Premonitions
- Dealing with Possessive Parents