Awareness depends upon your ability to open and shut your windows. When there is a storm, you need to shut your windows – otherwise you will get wet. When it is hot and suffocating inside, you need to open your windows.
Your senses are like windows. When you are awake, you have the ability to open and shut your windows at will; then you are free.
If your windows cannot be shut or opened at will, you are bound. Attending to this is sadhana, or spiritual practice.
To the degree that you are awake, everything around you brings knowledge. If you are not awake, even the most precious knowledge does not make any sense.
Read earlier posts
Dealing With EmotionsMay 21, 2015
- Superficiality Leads to Depression
- Harbor Positive Emotions
- What Self-realization Really Is
- Meditation is Tranformational
Nurturing Peace Through YogaMay 17, 2015
- Yoga is not Just for the Body
- Yoga Prevents Misery
- Yoga Improves Communication Skills
- Yoga Cures Depression
Life Is A GameApril 21, 2015
- Take Life as a Sport
- Do All Acts with Mindfulness
- Why Religion is Important
- Intention Attention & Manifestation
- Dealing with Bullies