The Art of Living transforms societies by instilling a vision, making role models, promoting a sense of community and giving people a voice. The core of every service program is to strengthen the individual through breath and meditation.
“We have to evolve from the joy that we get from attaining things to the joy that we get from giving and sharing.”
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The Art of Living contributes to society through several service initiatives in the areas of:
- Peace initiatives and conflict resolution through Gurudev’s mediations, trauma-relief programs, and post-conflict rehabilitation initiatives
- Disaster-relief and trauma-relief efforts, which include trauma-relief workshops and post-disaster initiatives after natural calamities
- Rural development empowers individuals and builds sustainable solutions for overall community development
- Environment care activities involve water conservation and river rejuvenation, tree plantations, and promoting conservation
- Education programs have a strong thrust on imparting free, holistic education to the underprivileged communities across India
- Prisoner rehabilitation offers stress management and rehabilitation training to prison inmates
- Women empowerment focuses on providing skill training and entrepreneurial opportunities to women with a support platform
Our Service Initiatives have touched:
- Over 370 million people
- 155 countries
- 6 continents
All the service programs are facilitated by dedicated Art of Living volunteers, taking responsibility for the community and the world at large.