Spreading the Message of a 'One world Family':
Spreading the message of love, compassion, and non-violence, Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar tirelessly advocates harmonious coexistence among people. While he addresses diverse subjects at innumerable forums, the common thread running through all his speeches is the principle of humanity and brotherhood. He often says, “A stress-free world and a violence-free society is the birthright of every individual.”
Whether it is speaking with parliamentarians in Argentina, business leaders in Europe, peace organizations like the United Nations or Muslim and Hindu religious leaders, Gurudev emphasizes human values and unity among people.
Gurudev has been invited to address the World Economic Forum at Davos on two occasions, the United Nations Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders, the first World Congress of Imams and Rabbis in 2005 among other forums.
With an aim of bringing together leaders from diverse walks of life, Gurudev has convened a number of symposiums: the Truth and Reconciliation Conference for Equality of the Dalit Community in 2007, the International Conference on Human Values in 2006 and the annual Corporate Culture and Spirituality Symposiums to name a few.
Through his public talks and symposiums, Gurudev addresses issues of inter-faith harmony, environmental sustainability, poverty alleviation, and grass-roots development. The aim is the progress and empowerment of the individuals as well as the community.
Gurudev has revived ancient spiritual philosophy with the goal of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam or a One-World Family. He is inspiring thousands across the globe to live this philosophy.
(Partial listing in order of chronology)
- UN Celebrations of the International Day of Yoga, New York, United States of America, June 21, 2015
- Interfaith & Intercultural Harmony, Unesco Headquarters, France, April 24, 2015
- The Yoga Way, European Parliament, Brussels, April 21, 2015
- Sneh Milan: Interfaith Harmony Meet, Bangalore, Feb. 10& Dec. 19, 2014
- Kurdish Parliament, Kurdistan, Nov. 19-21, 2014
- Global SME Business Summit, New delhi, Oct. 7, 2014
- World Forum for ethics in Business, Zurich, Sept. 18, 2014
- North American International Ayurveda & Yoga conference, USA, July 4-6, 2014
- Stanford university, USA, July 1, 2014
- American enterprise Institute, USA, June 24, 2014
- Maruti Suzuki Convention, Italy, May 4, 2014
- World forum for Ethics in Business, Jan. 18, 2014
- Paraguayan Senate, Sept. 14, 2012
- Crans Montana Forum, Brussels, June 24, 2012
- IV Congress of the Leaders of the World & Traditional Religions, Astana, Kazakhstan, May 29-31, 2012
- World Economic Forum, Jan. 2012
- Parliament of World Religions, Dec. 3, 2009
- 2nd Israeli Presidential Conference ‘Facing Tomorrow’, Oct 22, 2009
- 10th Annual International Conference hosted by the Szent Istvan University, Budapest, Hungary, June 2009
- Point of Peace Summit, Oslo, Norway, Sept 2008
- Parliament of South Africa, May 2006
- World Congress of Imams and Rabbis, January 2005
- ‘Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders’, United Nations, New York, U.S.A., Aug 2000