Shishu= child; asana= pose
How to do Child Pose (Shishuasana)
- Sit on your heels. Keeping your hips on the heels, bend forward, and lower your forehead to the floor.
- Keep the arms alongside your body with hands on the floor, palms facing up. (If this is not comfortable, you can place one fist on top of another and rest your forehead on them.)
- Gently press your chest on the thighs.
- Slowly come up to sit on the heels, uncurling vertebra by vertebra and relax.
Benefits of the Child Pose (Shishuasana)
- Deeply relaxing for the back.
- Relieves constipation.
- Calms down the nervous system.
Containdications of the Child Pose (Shishuasana)
- In case of serious back or knee injuries avoid this pose.
- Pregnant women should avoid doing this pose.
- Avoid this pose if you suffering from are or had recently suffered from diarrhea.
View All - Sitting Yoga Postures
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and a Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find an Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.