By Rachana Yemula| Posted: October 03, 2018
Lets add color to our food! Berries are known for their bright natural colors that nourish us at a cellular level. Try this creamy, yummy berry smoothie for a natural boost of vitamin C.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup - blueberries
- 1/2 cup - strawberries
- 1/2 cup - blackberries
- 1/2 tbsp - ground chia seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup - almond milk
- 5 - Ice cubes
- Wash all the produce, pat dry and set aside.
- If frozen berries are used, you can omit the ice cubes.
- De-pit and score avocado and transfer to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy
- Favorite toppings, greek yogurt, honey, nuts or shredded coconut.
Benefits of berries:
Berries are a rich source of antioxidants, anthocyanins and phytonutrients. Their natural bright colors are known to possess anti-cancer and immune boosting properties. Anthocyanins are known to help with protecting the genes from damage at a deeper cellular level. Berries are also a good source of fiber, aiding in healthy digestion.
Recipe by Rachana Yemula, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Founder of Wellnessboon, Doctor, Co-author of Sleep Problems in Children and Young People, Yogi and meditator.