Often, we blame our genes for us being on the wrong side of the weighing scale, don't we? But give it a second thought and you will see that a lot is in our hands. This article gives you an insight to weight loss with yoga and is for those who would like to see a new self the next time they look hopefully into the mirror.
The Story So Far…. Weight Loss and Yoga:
- Weight loss is about 80% eating habits and 20% working out.
- Aim to lose both body fat as well as overall weight.
- Be regular in your yoga practices.
- Keep the metabolism active by having 5-6 small meals throughout the day. This will also help you keep your pseudo-hunger at bay.
- Be passionate about your yoga workout as the passion will help you go deeper into your yoga practice.
- Be 100% with the food on the dinner table. Avoid watching TV or chatting on the phone when eating and adopt a balanced diet.
- Always remember the 3 Ds of weight loss – Discipline, Determination, and Dedication.
Can yoga really help in losing weight? The basic fact about yoga is that it is an aerobic exercise that, when done at moderate speed, can help you get in shape. If you are looking for serious weight loss, then it needs to be done over a period of time and under the supervision of a yoga expert. The advantage of yoga is that it leaves you fresh and new every time you are done with your workout. The reason is the fact that yoga brings your mind, body, and breath on the same platform. This phenomenon makes it more interesting, easy, and effective compared to other workouts.
Interested in weight loss yoga workouts? Click here !
Know the Difference Between Weight Loss and Inch Loss:
Keeping your best friend's wedding in your sights, you start working out a month in advance so that you are picture-perfect on the wedding day. You are happy that you lost an inch here and there and are now ready to go. Once the wedding is over, you notice that those inches are back, thanks to all the binging at the wedding.
Those looking at weight loss should chalk out a proper plan and set small achievable goals for themselves. When achieved, these goals give a lot of confidence and act as fuel to achieve the next set of goals.
Minding the Mind:
The secret to weight loss is in getting your act straight. We tend to find the solution to weight loss in those pills and crazy diet plans. But the truth remains that there is no alternative to hard work. And torching away those unwanted calories can be fun too. To begin with, you need to set your mindset right.
Control Your Weight Before It Controls You:
Age plays an important role in weight loss too. If you are young, then the chances of you getting into the shape with minimal efforts are high, but it is tougher for those who are on the other side of thirty. Once you cross your thirties, special attention needs to be given to eating habits. Fats, carbohydrates, and proteins are the main contents of any meal.
Choosing them wisely over the different meals of the day will help you go a long way in achieving your goals. Complex carbohydrates and healthy fats can be a part of your breakfast but including the same for your supper might not be a great idea.
Also, tracking your diet can give you an idea of where your macronutrients are coming from. Remember to track each and everything that goes in. This will make you aware of what you are having throughout the day and will make you think twice the next time you reach out for your favorite cupcake. The more you educate yourself with food labels, the more you become cautious and make healthier choices. It's all about awareness.
Keep the fun factors going!!
Stick to your goals and diet plan and keep yourself motivated till the goals are accomplished. With your daily yoga routine, try to include these over the weekend:
- Go on short treks outside the city with your friends. Being outdoors helps you be close to nature and gives you the required break from your yoga schedule.
- Plan a beach trip. When was the last time you walked barefoot on the white sands of the blue seas while the froth of the waves kissed your feet? Make the best of a beach trip by walking on the never-ending shores, and don't forget to carry your yoga mat.
- Bicycle anyone? Bicycling is another outdoor activity that gives you a good workout, and with friends around, you won't even come to know the distance you have traveled.
It's important to be outdoors as it elevates you, gives you a required break, and helps you prepare for the coming week’s yoga routine. More importantly, these activities help you torch down calories and eventually let you excuse yourself for that slice of pizza you've been dying for at the end of the day.
Feeling held back due to a physical ailment? Are emotions taking a toll on your personal and work life? Fill in the form below to learn more about how yoga can aide you in overcoming issues naturally with minimum lifestyle changes.