Posted: April 19, 2018
Chia pudding when combined with fruits is a light and surprisingly filling dessert! You can add some fresh vanilla beans to give it more texture and flavor. It’s extremely easy to make, all you need to do is mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate them!
- Homemade cashew milk
- Fresh vanilla beans
- Omega rich chia seeds
- Orange zest
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl and place it covered in a refrigerator.
- Stir it every 1-2 hours so that it sets well.
- Mix and match with your favorite fruits, nuts & seeds!
- You can leave out the vanilla beans and orange zest, and replace it with other flavorings of your choice.
Benefits of Chia seeds:
- Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
- When mixed with water, they can replace eggs in vegan cooking.
- Apart from chia seeds' fiber content, their high levels of omega-3-fatty acids and alpha-linoleic acid may be useful for weight loss.
Recipe by Kasia Fraser, originally written for Hello Delicious. Edited by Ankita Kawde