It is memory that makes you miserable or wise. Memory of events and experiences of the changing finite binds you, and memory of your nature liberates you. Memory of the ever changing relative, however good or bad, brings bondage. Memory of the non-changing self elevates awareness. Memory of past events and worldly concerns constricts the vastness of the self.
It is all a matter of where you are, of what you are. If you are ignorant, it is because of your memory. If you are enlightened, it is because of your memory. Forgetfulness of the trivial is ecstasy. Forgetfulness of the infinite is misery.
Q. How does one get rid of unpleasant memories and limitations?
- Know the impermanent nature of the world and events.
- Know the non-existence of past events right now and accept them.
- Be dispassionate and centered. Memories of Self are gained by service to the noble.
- Increase prana - So Ham! So what!!
- Have Divine Company / presence.
- Go to the moon!!