What do you do when someone behaves very rudely towards you?
• Get upset
• React rudely back
• Get frustrated
• Run away and avoid the person or situation
• Blame the person
• Preach to the person
None of these will in any way strengthen you. Then what are the options?
See rude behaviour in this light:
• It indicates the intensity of their commitment
• It indicates their stress and insensitivity
• It projects the upbringing of the person
• It shows a behavioural pattern
• It shows lack of Knowledge
• It shows lack of observation of the mind and its sensations
• It shows you behaviour to avoid
• It is an opportunity for you to welcome and absorb the rudeness
• It strengthens your mind
• It reveals the love that you are as unconditional
The next time when someone is rude to you, just give back a broad smile. If you can digest their rudeness, nothing whatsoever can shake you.