How to do One-Legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you, keeping the spine erect.
- Bend the left knee and place the left foot against the right thigh, keeping the left knee on the floor.
- Breathing in, raise both arms above your head and stretch up, and twist a little to the right from the waist.
- Breathing out, bend forward from the hip joints keeping the spine straight, directing your chin to the toes.
- If you can, hold on to your big toes and, pointing your elbows to the ground, move forward as you pull on your toes.
- Hold. Keep breathing.
- Breathing in, come up and breathing out, bring the arms down to the sides.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of the One-Legged Forward Bend (Janu Shirasasana)
- Stretches lower back
- Massages the abdominal organs and tones the shoulders
View All - Sitzende Yoga Asanas
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and a Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find a Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.