I am the mom of a child who was very sick with many auto-immune conditions. Even as a baby, he was on daily steroids, which had terrible side effects. My great-grandmother was an Ayurvedic Vaidya (Ayurvedic Doctor) in India. She continued healing people in her village despite a British ban. Inspired by her, I felt there was a better way to attend to my son's health. I decided to study and try Ayurvedic treatments for my own family. The results were promising and left us amazed! There has been no looking back!
Ayurveda is a 5000+ year-old form of medicine in India. It advocates prevention, healthy lifestyle habits, and remedies for specific ailments. Ayurveda is growing in popularity globally, and has always had robust disease management protocols for pandemics. It became very well-known during the COVID-19 outbreak. Natural interventions and medicines comprised roughly two-thirds of India's clinical trials then. NAOQ19 is a promising Ayurvedic formulation from Sri Sri Tattva, yielding excellent outcomes.
This cutting-edge, ancient science is gaining credibility around the world. Read on to find out more!
Why adopt Ayurveda?
Here are twelve reasons Ayurveda is especially relevant in today’s modern world.
1. It’s holistic - Ayurveda is a mind-body-spirit science. It assesses an individual’s physical, physiological, psychological, genetic, spiritual, and social health. Every consultation pays as much attention to mental health as it does to physical health.
2. It’s natural - We come from nature and return to nature. And nature has everything we need to sustain us. Ayurveda relies on nature for healing. This includes natural formulations, rather than synthetic compounds. It also encourages restoring circadian rhythms and honoring seasonal changes.
3. It goes to the root cause - Ayurveda addresses the root cause of disorders. This helps find long-term solutions, rather than providing limited symptomatic relief.
4. It’s personalized - An Ayurvedic regimen is not one-size-fits-all. It is tailor-made and personalized for every individual at various stages of imbalances.
5. It uses quantum science - Ayurveda deals with the energetics of the mind-body complex. Our constitution forms at the time of conception. It consists of the three energy principles known as Doshas. These energies define our structure, function, affinities, and tendencies.
6. It’s preventive - Ayurveda is a preventative form of medicine. Prevention is always better than a cure! Its three pillars of health are nutrition, sleep, and a balanced lifestyle.
Try this simple shift for 21 days. Eat nourishing food and hydrate well. Sleep enough and go to bed on time, exercise, and meditate for better health!
7. It’s lifestyle-based - 61% of all deaths are because of long-term unhealthy lifestyle choices. This is a WHO estimate from 2005, and things have only worsened! In the US, 6 out of 10 people have a chronic disorder. These include type-2 diabetes, hypertension, lung disorders, and certain forms of cancer. Ayurveda as a lifestyle-based form of healing can make a world of difference.
8. It has robust disease management - Ayurveda has versatile protocols to deal with imbalances. Formulations, therapies, and dietary and lifestyle modifications help in restoring health. Cleansing techniques like panchakarma are powerful, non-surgical therapeutic interventions.
9. It excels at assessment - Ayurveda factors in prodromal symptoms and provides suitable early interventions. There is a triple-pronged approach to assessment. This includes questioning, observation, and touch (including the robust pulse diagnosis).
10. It promotes community support - Life can get lonely and depleting. Ayurveda encourages harmonious relationships with ourselves, our family, nature, and our community.
Volunteering is a way to feel connected and have a sense of belongingness. Research has shown it even improves your health!
11. It uses the mechanism of epigenetics - Ayurveda can change gene expressions and restore balance! This is the study of epigenetics. Ayurveda advocates better nutrition, digestion, lifestyle choices, and stress management. This leads to transgenerational health gains!
12. It helps you reach your full potential - The purpose of Ayurveda is to help you live life to your fullest potential. Ayurveda is a spiritual, consciousness-based science. It goes beyond the physical and subtle body, to the causal. Knowing ourselves and striving to be our best selves is an empowering journey.
Ayurveda assessed my child as an individual. It factored in his entire physical and mental health. It didn’t focus on asthma alone. He chiefly had an imbalance of the Vata Dosha. This led to cramping, irregular digestion, anxiety, allergies, and asthma. All the formulations he took were natural and Vedic. We worked to change his diet and lifestyle. The treatment turned his life around. He did yoga and learned SKY Breath Meditation. This helped him cope with the memory of many emergency hospitalizations. It is a simplistic summary of years of case management! But we are beyond grateful for having access to Ayurvedic treatment.
Finding balance through breathing and meditation
Ayurveda encourages meditation as a way to experience balance and better health! SKY Breath Meditation helps de-stress, increases life energy, and improves immunity. I am glad to invite you to a FREE meditation and breath online session to get a taste of SKY. Click on the image below to pick a day and time that works for you.