The real challenge to achieving success in business is sustaining it. While it is easy to create a company and even prosper; success is simply much more than that. Here are four management mantras or by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to help you move towards effective management of your business and steer your ship towards success.
Take the time to develop the power of intuition.
1. Develop your intuitive abilities - No business can work without intuition! Right from dealing with people to making investment decisions, you have to listen to your gut feeling. If your decisions are based on intuition, you will prosper.
One of the key factors to being a successful entrepreneur is intuition. If you don’t have intuition, you cannot be a good businessperson because you cannot go on gambling. The success that comes to you through gambling is accidental and can also bring you failure. But if you have intuitive abilities, you will not fail. Intuition can be a gift that you are born with, and it can also be developed through the regular practice of meditation.
Focus on innovation to run an effective management.
2. Focus on Innovation - Innovation is essential to maintain and grow your business. The world is changing very fast and if you are not innovative, you will find yourself in the back seat. And so, it is important to be creative and develop your innovative tendencies.
For every innovation, you need both intellect and intuition. It is not enough if you have just done well academically and have intellectual abilities. For innovation, you need an intuitive insight as well. That intuitive insight comes when you empty your mind a few times every day; in other words, when you meditate.
A sense of belongingness should be on the top of your list for business tips.
3. Have a sense of belongingness - The third management mantra is to create a sense of belongingness among people working in the company. A good measure of this is teamwork and commitment. Ask yourself this question – Are people working for your company while thinking of the company as just an ATM where you take money and walk away, or do they have a relationship with the company?
This is something you need to observe.
You may have a hundred employees, but how many of them have a sense of belongingness to the company? How many of them have the same sense of ownership that you have? People working in any setup without a sense of ownership cannot make much progress.
Ask yourself these questions to see whether your co-workers are truly happy working with you:
- Have you given them a sense of not just financial comfort but also a pleasant environment to work with?
- Have you created a friendly environment for them?
- Have you given a chance for their talents to blossom?
- Do they have a voice? Can they raise their concerns about the company anytime they need to?
Success is an attitude and your smile reflects it
4. Believe in yourself - What is success? Success is an unshakeable confidence and an undying smile.
If you are a business tycoon and you are irritable, stressed, and unhappy, I tell you, your success factor is zero. You know, some of the top businessmen have debts that run into billions, yet they have confidence, they are friendly with other people, and they keep a smile. That is a true sign of success.
Even if you lose everything, if you have the confidence that you can recreate everything again, then that is a true sign of success. Success is an attitude, it is not a phenomenon.
Many top managers and executives seem to be incorporating a few minutes of meditation in their routine. If you haven’t tried meditation yet, join a free online session and enjoy a guided meditation today.