Vishnu: Indian god (the preserver), who is generally seen lying on his sides; asana- Pose
Pronounced as- Vish-a-nuh-asanah
How to do Lying-down on Sides (Vishnuasana)
- Roll over to lie down on your right side.
- Support your head high on the right palm with elbow placed firm on the floor.
- Left palm placed on the floor near the chest. If possible, straighten your legs.
- Lift your left leg up and slowly bring it down.
- Repeat about 3 times.
- Now make circles rotating the whole leg from the pelvic joint.
- Do it a few times(5-6 times) in one direction and then on the other.
- Bring your leg down slowly and rest.
- Roll over to lie on the left side.
- Repeat the entire sequence.
- Lie down on your back and relax.
Benefits of the Lying-down on Sides (Vishnuasana)
Stretches the pelvic joints.
Contraindications of the Lying-down on Sides (Vishnuasana)
If you have had an abdominal or pelvic surgery this pose should not be done.
View All - Yoga Postures lying on back
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and a Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find an Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without the Sun, there will be no life on Earth. Surya Namaskar...
Yoga has been a boon to mankind since its inception around 5,000...
End your yoga routine with these step-by-step instructions for...