A 20 minute meditation: For 24 hour stress relief.
Stress, stress, stress. It seems to be lurking round every corner. Waiting to pounce on you and push you over the edge. In your face, at your heels, breathing down your neck; every single day.
What can you do about it? What can you do about your crazy schedule? Those financial problems? That mean boss? The friend who says hurtful things?
You can meditate. And really, that’s all you need to do. Just 20 minutes every day and you’ll be amazed at the equanimity with which you’ll face life. With regular meditation, your inner nature will change. You will make that leap from just dealing with stress to assuming charge of your destiny.
So let’s take that crucial first step.
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Find a quiet place.
- Switch off your mobile phone. No, simply turning it on silent mode won’t do. You may still get distracted by it.
- It’s actually best to sit cross legged on a mat on the floor to meditate. Spine should be comfortably erect and unsupported.
- If need be, use a back rest. That’s okay. The main thing is that you should feel relaxed.
- Now close your eyes; take a few deep, long breaths; and just let go.
Let Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s soothing voice take you to peaceful place within yourself.
From Sound to Silence. De-stress with guided meditation.
Meditation for stress relief works, right?
You’re feeling good, aren’t you? Ready to take on the world! Regular meditation leads to a massive reduction in stress levels. And this won’t be just a temporary reaction. Any unnecessary fight or flight response will simply disappear. You will lead a calmer, more balanced life – naturally.
“Meditation is the way to take deep rest and be alert and conscious at the same time! It is the skill to calm the mind and get in touch with your inner joy.” Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Meditation is mental hygiene, and more
- Meditation is ideal for stress relief
- It regulates blood pressure
- Benefits cardiovascular and immune health
- Reduces menstrual and menopausal issues
- Cures headaches and migraines
- Enhances flow of blood, slows down heart rate
- Assists the endocrine system
- Slows down the aging process
- Improves focus and concentration
- Increases intelligence, intuition and a spirit of innovation
- Boosts memory
- Enhances creativity
- Develops decision making skills
- Builds up self esteem and self acceptance
- Increases productivity
- Supports an optimistic outlook
- Keeps things in perspective
- Develops will power
- Encourages emotional stability
- Leads to balanced relationships
- Makes you happy, keeps you happy
- Body, mind and spirit are harmonized
“Meditation is not concentration. It is de-concentration.” Sri Si Ravi Shankar.
Take the next step: Learn meditation from an expert
Yoga asanas and pranayams prepare the body for meditation. You may also consider the Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Course. Your own personal mantra will be given to you. The chanting of the mantra allows your mind to settle down effortlessly. And when the mind settles down, it lets go of all tension and stress.
Gift yourself the bliss of inner peace. Meditate to de-stress. Meditate to realise your highest possibility.
As Sri Sri Ravi Shankar puts it, “Prayer is asking, meditation is listening.