This year the Navratri celebrations are special and unique. Just like the Mother Divine. She is worshipped in nine different forms. Each day of the Navratri is dedicated to each of the. There are many things to celebrate during Navratri - the victory of good over evil, faith, valor, compassion, beauty, wisdom, grandeur. And what better than summing it all up with Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s profound words of wisdom?
This Navratri, let’s strengthen our collective resolve for peace and health across the world. And these 10 best Gurudev’s quotes on Navratri and Devi will surely fill you with instant strength, and joy!
1. While Navratri is celebrated as the victory of good over evil, from the Vedantic outlook, the victory is of absolute reality over apparent duality.
2. When pettiness is replaced by magnanimity, cruelty with compassion, mindless rattling with constructive criticism, and prejudice with understanding, real Vijayadashami (victory) happens in one’s life.
3. The source of the universe is as diverse as its manifestation. Navratri is a celebration of this diversity in all its glory, a celebration of our source, and our goal.
4. The divinity is everywhere, but it is dormant. Pooja (worship) is the process to awaken it.
5. Navratri is a journey from the outer world of names and forms to the subtle world of energies; to the innermost core of our being - the Self.
6. When do you see more? Day or night? The light of day illuminates objects around us but the darkness of night reveals countless galaxies not seen otherwise. Night is also the time for rest. These nine nights, rest well and allow the inner universe to reveal itself.
7. Like a child who grows in the mother’s womb for nine months, the nine nights of Navratri offer us a chance to go back to our source to rest and rejuvenate.
8. The energy from pujas creates benevolence, brings you closer to self-realization, and also brings success in the world.
9. The mind and the universe are governed by subtle forces. In Navratri, the connection between the gross and subtle worlds becomes more obvious.
10. The Mother Divine or Pure Consciousness pervades all forms and has all names. Recognizing the One Divinity in every form and name is Navratri.
Wishing you a very Happy Navratri!
Take care and stay safe!
Join the Navratri 2020 celebrations through LIVE online webcast.!
Based on the knowledge talks by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
We’d love to hear from you!
Write to us @artofliving
Gratify your scientific temper with this in-depth read on the science behind Navratri.
Transition from sound to silence, from movement to stillness with this guide on what to do during Navratri.
Demystify the health benefits of fasting and how it helps purify the mind.
Get to know Navratri – the festival of nine nights from a fresh perspective.