This Diwali make Recipes with a Twist - Twist it with Ojasvita and add Health to the sweets! :-)
We have come up with some creative recipes for Diwali which can be easily made at home with Ojasvita.
1. Chocolate Ojasvita Pedas
- ½ cup Khoya
- 2 cups Ojasvita chocolate flavour powder
- 2 tsp crushed walnut powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Grate khoya, Add Ojasvita chocolate flavour powder and mix well.
- Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan.
- Heat first on high for few minutes.
- The on slow till done.
- Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat.
- When mixture thick and gooey, add cinnamon powder.
- Mix well, and take off fire.
- Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
- Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
- Mix crushed walnut and press a bit on top of each.
- If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom.
- Take some mixture and press into mould.
- When set well, invert and carefully, unmold. The pedas are ready to be served.
2. Strawberry Ojasvita Phirini with Badam
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp rice
- 4 tbsp Ojasvita Strawberry powder
- 1/4th cup blanched almonds (sliced)
- 1 tsp green cardamom (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp kewra essence
- 2 tbsp crushed almond powder for garnishing
- Soak rice in water for few hours, then drain water and grind rice into a smooth paste.
- In a non-stick saucepan bring milk. Over a moderately low heat add rice, Ojasvita Strawberry powder and cardamom and stir constantly till milk turns thick.
- Remove from heat and add almonds.
- Put in serving bowl and chill.
- Garnish the badam phirni with crushed almonds and serve
3. Ojasvita Chocolate Flavoured Ragi Ladoos
- 2 cups gram Ragi powder
- 1 cup Ojasvita chocolate flavour powder
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 tsp each roasted pistachios, cashew nuts (chopped)
- In a kadhai, mix Ragi and ghee over a low heat.
- Keep constantly stirring to avoid lumps.
- When it releases an appetizing smell, it is ready.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Add Ojasvita choclate powder and nuts to the gram flour and mix thoroughly.
- Now form ping-pong size balls of the mixture.
- Ojasvita chocolate flavour Ragi Ladoos are ready to serve.
4. Chocolate Ojasvita Chikki with Dry Fruits
- 400 grams roasted and crushed dry Fruits of your choice
- 150 grams Brown sugar (bhuri cheeni)
- 200 grams Ojasvita chocolate flavour
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- Take a pan and put ghee.When it melts put dry fruits.
- In another pan mix brown sugar, Ojasvita chocolate powder and water and boil.
- When the mixture becomes hard add dry fruits and mix.
- Take a bit plate with high sides and apply a little oil.
- Pour the mixture in it.
- Cut and let it cool.
5. Ojasvita Strawberry Flavoured Rabri
- 10 cups milk
- 4 tblsp Ojasvita strawberry flavour
- 4 green cardamom seeds
- 4 drops of kewra essence
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- A pinch of pistachio powder
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep heavy pan.
- Add the Ojasvita strawberry flavour powder and cardamom seeds and leave to simmer over a low heat for 2 hours until the milk is reduced to one quarter.
- Remove from the heat and add the kewra essence.
- Sprinkle with the cardamom and pistachio powders and serve hot or cold with faluda
6. Ojasvita Chocolate Atta Ladoos with Walnuts
- 250 gms atta (flour)
- 200 gms Ojasvita chocolate powder
- 30 gms ghee
- 50gms roasted walnuts
- Take a pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Put the flour and roast till it becomes light brown.
- Mix Ojasvita chocolate powder to it.
- Add roasted walnuts and ghee.
- When it is thick make small balls.
- Keep it in air tight containers.
7. Ojasvita Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Ojasvita chocolate powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, Ojasvita chocolate powder, vanilla, cornstarch and water mixture. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes approximately 40 cookies.
8. Ojasvita Strawberry Kheer with Almonds
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tblsp Ojasvita Strawberry flavour
- 5 crushed Cardamoms
- 1/2 cup Almond (Badam)
- Boil half a liter of water in a saucepan. Add the almonds when the water is boiling and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and drain.
- Remove the skin of the almonds and grind to a fine paste.
- Boil the milk in a thick-bottomed pan. When the milk begins to boil add the almond paste and the Ojasvita Strawberry powder and cook for 5 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.
If you like the recipes, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphics: Niladri Dutta