Inspired by the vision of Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, The Art of Living has been working relentlessly towards empowering rural communities through programs like the 5H program, Light A Home Project, and Sri Sri Natural Farming. These rural development programs seek to build harmony and boost the emotional, physical and economic well-being in rural and tribal areas.
- Reached 40,212 villages
- Conducted 40,500 cleanliness drives
- Trained 203,220 rural youth under Youth Leadership Training Program (YLTP)
- Conducted 165,000 free stress-relief workshops benefiting over 5,688,000 people
- Conducted 52,466 hygiene camps benefitting 7,869,900 people
- Organized 27,427 medical camps benefitting 577,400 people
- Planted 10.6 million trees
- Built 3,819 homes, 62,000 toilets, 1,200 bore-wells and 1,000 biogas plants
- Developed 55 model villages benefiting 115,000 people
- Organized HIV/AIDS awareness for Rural Adolescent campaign reaching out to over 45,000 individuals in 12 states of India
- Provided affordable and clean lighting to over 65,000 people in 16,500 households
- Trained 20,00,000 farmers in natural farming
- Trained over 27,000 youth in vocational skills over 14 years
- Set-up 8 solar microgrids in rural belt of West Bengal, Karnataka, and Maharashtra
- Provided solar grids in nine schools in rural belt of Madhya Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Rajasthan
- Trained 1,033 yuvacharyas as renewable energy technicians to install and repair renewable energy products
- Inspired 98 new entrepreneurs in solar energy to set-up and maintain solar battery charging station
- Distributed 1,500 solar study lights to schoolchildren in Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, and Karnataka in 2016
- Distributed over 15,000 solar lights in tribal areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Assam, Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu among others
Stories of Change
Once an alcoholic, he is now helping in the de-addiction of youth
How The Art of Living gave farmers in Vidarbha a new lease of life
From drugs to seva: Dara is on a new high
When did it start? April 2007 Where did it start? The very first...
The Art of Living Internship Program is an initiative of the...
Join the water revolution in Maharashtra "The most...