You may have often wondered if it is difficult to sport a glowing radiant skin. On the contrary! It is actually quite simple to do, not a far-fetched dream at all. And the good news is that you don’t need harsh chemicals or expensive beauty treatments to achieve this. A few simple yoga exercises can add a permanent glow to your face.
But before we talk about the solution, let’s first understand what keeps you away from getting a glowing face. Let’s understand where skin problems such as wrinkles and dark spots stem from.
Common causes of skin problems:
- Premature wrinkling can start primarily due to stress or unhealthy lifestyle practices. Some major culprits are smoking, alcohol, drug addiction, and unhealthy food choices.
- Acne is another common skin problem among women of all age groups. This could sometimes occur due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Improper digestion also shows up in the form of pimples.
Whatever the cause, these yoga asanas can help you achieve a smooth glowing skin.
Yoga asanas for good blood circulation:
Practicing these yoga asanas will help increase blood circulation to the head and face area. This will give you a naturally beautiful skin tone.
Reduces stiffness in the back and shoulders. Relaxes and elevates your mood. Makes your skin smooth and flexible.
Enables deep breathing, helps normalize hormonal imbalance and relaxes muscles. Skin becomes more flexible and firm.
Increases blood circulation to the face and head. Skin glows as a result.
Sarvangasana makes your skin lose its dullness as blood rushes to your head. It also helps tackle acne and pimples.
Increases the flow of blood to your face and head. Increase in oxygen supply manifests in the quality of the skin.
Shishuasana also increases blood circulation to the head region and relieves stress and weariness.
Inverted postures can stimulate our nervous system, bring more oxygen and blood flow to the brain, boost our metabolic rate and energy levels.
Yoga asanas to get rid of acne:
Many women experience acne well into their adult years. The problem is usually aggravated during summer for those with an oily skin texture.
Examples of pranayama and other cleansing processes that could help immensely are:
Can help provide a cooling effect so that the skin glows.
Jalneti technique (part of the Sri Sri Yoga Course) will facilitate physical and emotional cleansing. Do it daily.
This process is just as effective as Jalneti. Do it once every six months.
Yoga asanas to improve digestion:
Beautiful skin is a reflection of how you feel inside. When your digestive system functions properly, your food intake is well absorbed and waste matter is efficiently disposed. The energy produced from this process keeps the internal organs in good condition. Your skin also benefits directly, as it appears well nourished and shines radiantly.
So, here are some yoga asanas and pranayamas to help improve your digestion:
Helps deal with constipation.
Vajrasana (Kneeling Pose)
Helps detoxify the body and hence improves the digestive process.
Dhanurasan is a great stress buster, helping you relax completely. Relaxation prevents acne.
Nadi Shodhan helps empty the stomach and removes toxins from the body. It leaves your skin fresh and sparkling.
This pranayam increases stamina and helps in the development of healthy and glowing skin.
A few quick rounds of Surya Namaskar removes toxins from the system and imparts a natural glow to the skin.
Yoga exercises for toning the face:
Practice at least 20 minutes of facial yoga exercises every day.
These exercises will help tighten and tone facial muscles.
- Massage your jaws to reduce stress.
- Massage your eyebrows to experience instant relaxation.
- Gently knock on your forehead and relieve yourself of stress.
- Try the super brain yoga! Pull your ears in different directions and then rotate them for instant freshness.
- Try the 'kiss and smile technique' to exercise your facial muscles. Put your lips together as though you are about to kiss a baby. Then smile as broadly as you can! Just the thought has brought on a smile, right?!
Additional tips for a glowing skin:
1. Drink lots of water!
Lukewarm water with lemon and honey helps detoxify your system. It keeps your skin clean and healthy.
2. Exercise Daily!
Go for long brisk walks regularly. This will add a robust glow and color to your face.
3. Make healthy eating choices!
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables which are rich in Vitamin C. Papayas are specially beneficial in cleansing the system.
- Potatoes are effective in reducing dark spots, scars, tans and sunburn.
- Avoid fried or junk food.
- Avoid food with excessive spice or sweetness.
- Choose a diet suitable to your constitution depending on your body type: Vata, Pitta, or Kapha.
4. Rest Well!
When your body is deeply rested, it automatically shows on your face. Try to get eight hours of good sleep.
5. Stay natural!
- Go for Ayurvedic facial packages and facial scrubs. Sri Sri Ayurveda has excellent products for you to choose from. Use natural herbs that are chemical free. Vitamin E oil is recommended.
- Wash your face after returning home from a long day and keep it moisturized.
- Splash water on your eyes at least two to three times a day.
- Go for weekly body massages with oil which is suitable to your body type to cleanse away the toxins.
6. Smile more!
This is the best make up for your face. The more you smile, the more your skin will glow! Also, stay positive.
Meditate twice a day, every day. It will help you radiate from within and without.
Note: The tips mentioned above are preventive rather than curative.
Regular yoga practice will keep acne worries at bay and make you glow!
Who needs makeup when nature is more effective?! Gift your skin Part I of the Sri Sri Yoga Course today! For more information do write to firstname.lastname@example.org