Hasta- hand; Padah- foot; asana- pose
How to do Hastapadasana
- Stand straight with feet together and arms alongside the body.
- Balance your weight equally on both feet.
- Breathing in, extend your arms overhead.
- Breathing out, bend forward and down towards the feet.
- Stay in the posture for 20-30 seconds and continue to breath deeply.Hastapadasana Yoga Pose – Standing Forward Bend Yoga Pose
- Keep the legs and spine erect; hands rest either on the floor, beside the feet or on the legs.
- On the out breath, move the chest towards the knees; lift the hips and tailbone higher; press the heels down; let the head relax and move it gently towards the feet. Keep breathing deeply.
- Breathing in, stretch your arms forward and up, slowly come up to the standing position.
- Breathing out, bring the arms to the sides.
Benefits of the Hastapadasana
- Stretches all the muscles of the back of the body.
- Invigorates the nervous system by increasing the -blood supply.
- Makes the spine supple.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
Back injury: People suffering from lower back injuries, Spondylitis, Cervical pain or any kind of back and spinal problems should not do this pose.All Yoga Poses Previous yoga pose: Katichakrasana Next yoga pose: Ardha Chakrasana