Kona =Angle; Asana = Pose/Posture
(This posture is Pronounced as:konah-sanah)
How to do Angle Pose (Konasana)
- Stand straight with feet about hip width distance apart and arms alongside the body.
- Breathe in and raise the left arm up so that the fingers point towards the ceiling.
- Breathe out and bend to the right, first from the spine, and then move your pelvis to the left and bend a
little more. Keep your left arm pointing up.
- Turn your head to look up at the left palm. Straighten
- Breathing in, straighten your body back up.
- Breathing out, bring the left arm down.
- Repeat with the right arm.
Benefits of Angle Pose (Konasana)
- It helps stretch the sides of the body and the spine.
- Helps in toning of arms,legs,and abdominal organs.
- Helpful in relieving back pain.
- Increases the flexibility of the spine.
- Helps those who are suffering from constipation.
- Helpful for people suffering from sciatica.
Contraindications of the Angle Pose (Konasana)
- People suffering from severe back ache or spondylitis should avoid this pose.
View All - Standing Yoga Asanas
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Sri Sri Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and an Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find an Sri Sri Yoga course at an Art of Living Center near you. Do you need information on courses or share feedback? Write to us at email@example.com.
Yoga brings deep rest to the body and mind. It not only rejuvenates...
Your digitally-strained eyes will thank you for these simple...
If you are looking at losing weight, developing a strong and...