Strong and toned arms are a dream for many. Arms that you can swing and lift with confidence. But, is there a simpler way to tone those flabby arms?
Yes, there is. Yoga offers some simple asanas to get those well-toned arms.
For strong and toned arms, you have to devote some time every day towards exercise. At least 20 minutes of yoga can do wonders, making them look slimmer.
- Yoga asanas stretch, strengthen and tone the arms, getting them back to shape and in equal proportion.
- Asanas exercise the arms and shoulders, keeping the rotation function active and healthy.
- Yoga asanas help you achieve physical and mental equilibrium. You get to practice the art of balance with your arms.
- The poses improve circulation of blood to the arms, ensuring that the cells are well nourished.
To begin with, you can practice these yoga asanas for toned and strong arms.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Benefits of Trikonasana.
- This yoga asana is ideal for arms as it enhances the strength and balancing power.
- It also helps to stretch and tone the shoulders.
Poorvottanasana (Upward Plank Pose)
How to do Poorvottanasana.
- This yoga asana is great for strengthening your arms, as most of your body weight rests on them.
- It also strengthens the wrist and shoulders.
Viparita Shalabhasana (Superman Pose)
Learn more about Viparita shalabhasana.
- This yoga asana stretches and strengthens hands and shoulders.
- Improves blood circulation to arms, hands and helps maintain stability.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Benefits of Bhujangasana.
- Helps to keep arms steady and strong.
- It also opens the shoulders and neck which helps to tone the arms.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
Learn more about Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- This pose helps rotate the shoulders.
- With your body weight distributed between your arms and legs, this exercise tones arms and legs.
Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dolphin Plank Pose)
How to do Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana.
This is a variation of the Downward Facing Dog Pose.
- This asana helps strengthen the legs.
- It strengthens and tones the muscles of the arms.
Shalabhasana (Locust Posture)
Benefits of Shalabhasana.
- This asana tightens and tones the nerves in the arms and shoulders.
- It also helps strengthen the arms and shoulders.
Veerabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
Learn more about Veerbhadrasana.
- This asana helps stretch and strengthen the shoulders and arms.
- It also improves balance and stability in the body, helping the arms perform their function better.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Benefits of Dhanurasana.
- This asana helps in exercising and rotating the muscles of the arms and shoulders.
- It helps tone the arm muscles.
With its multifaceted benefits, yoga can make your dream for slim arms come true. Remember to eat a healthy diet, alongside, keeping fried and junk food at an arm’s length.
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits. Yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor and a Sri Sri Yoga teacher. Find a Sri Sri Yoga program at an Art of Living center near you.