Negativity needs an anchor Negativity Negativity cannot remain without support. Positivity, happiness can be without any reason. The mind goes on trying to find support for its negativity. It looks for a hook to hang its negativity on – if not this person, then that thing or that person and so on. This perpetuates the maya! The creeper of negativity needs support in order to grow. But negativity or aversion for even one person can guarantee a one-way ticket to hell – you need nothing else! All negativity is a pointer to move to the centre and broaden the vision to cosmic intelligence. Instead of focussing your attention on support for your negativity, look at the seed of negativity.
How we cling on to Negativity
This is not okay. That is not right. Who asked you what you like? What you don’t like? This world is full of things which you don’t like. And God has made it that way. And you have no choice. You have to live there. What do human beings do? Take all the nice things from nature and create filth. But still nature loves you. So we must somewhere put a break to this rat racing in our mind. This web that we create for ourselves, we have to get out of that. When people are howling around you, you just be calm and serene and withdraw yourself from all that drama. And you be centred. You’ll find you are a source of solace for so many. Instead of getting drowned in the events like a whirlwind, you can just be stable. Take a step back, be stable, watch, observe, know this is all a dream. It will all pass and say let that will be done. I’m here. What do you have to tell me? That sense of ease. When it dawns within us, you will see everything else will fall in place.
Why is negativity more contagious than positivity?
If you are given ten compliments and one insult, we hold on to that one insult and blow it out of proportion. We leave all those ten compliments away. Right? This is the nature of our mind. But as a child, you are not doing so. As a baby, you are crying. You had tears on your eyes, and it didn’t take a few seconds even for you to smile back, right? As adults, we have trained our mind such that we hold on to the negative things. Meditation, breathing will all help you to get back to your original nature.
How to overcome negative thoughts and emotions?
People with negative thoughts always have questions in their minds and are quite unwilling to find answers to those questions in their mind. They are stuck deep in their questions and all they need is someone to listen/acknowledge their questions. It’s very easy to condemn people as extremists but it requires wisdom, strength and intelligence to be able to reach out to them and be inclusive of all.
Negative thoughts are due to following reasons.
- If your blood circulation is not good,
- If the lymphatic system is not ok
- If bowel movement is irregular.
- The company you are in can also affect the mind.
- In all these cases negative thoughts are likely.
~ Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Spirituality helps deal with negative tendencies. Without it, the ability to reason is lost & respect for life is also lost as a result.
How does one stop the flow of negative thoughts?
- Do a lot of exercises. If you keep yourself busy, less negative thoughts will come. If you are constipated, for sure you will have negative thoughts.
- So, set your bowel movements correct. That will also help you.
- If “vatta”, “pitta” or “kapha” imbalance comes, then also you will have too many negative thoughts. Ayurveda herbs will help with that. You can take 2-3 “triphla’’ tablets in night, and something to soothe your nervous system, like shatavari. These herbs calms and soothes the system. Consult an ayurvedic doctor before taking any medicines.
- You can go on a fruit diet and cleanse your intestines.
- Then, pranayama will help. Do yoga, pranayama and meditation. Learn Sudarshan Kriya. You will definitely find a difference.
- Company of people who are negative can also affect the mind.
- One last thing that affects is time. Certain times, certain planetary positions and certain cosmic energies can all affect your mind. But all this will pass. Don’t be paranoid about anything. Just know that time moves on.
How you manage bad thoughts
- Bad thoughts are similar to the dark clouds that come and pass away.Lots of thoughts come if there are impurities in the body, if there is “aavaran” (artificiality) in the mind. Having too many thoughts indicates some weakness in the body. Consult an ayurveda physician and take herbs to cleanse the body.
- Through pranayam, the mind is purified. Through meditation, the consciousness gets purified. Sometimes the thoughts come because of the surroundings or company.
- Do not be afraid of bad thoughts. These thoughts are similar to the dark clouds that come and pass away.
- It is ok to have negative thoughts at times. When you think a negative thought should never arise, then you encourage it. Accept even the most negative though that comes to you. Then you find it is not even there. It is just a dim energy.
In conclusion, overcoming negative thoughts and emotions requires a multifaceted approach that encompasses physical well-being, spiritual growth, and mindful awareness of one’s thoughts and surroundings. By addressing factors such as proper blood circulation, a healthy lymphatic system, and regular bowel movements, individuals can significantly reduce the influence of negative thoughts. Engaging in exercises, yoga, pranayama, and meditation aids in purifying both the body and mind, fostering a sense of calm and inner peace. Embracing negative thoughts without fear and accepting them as passing clouds empowers individuals to navigate through life’s challenges with resilience and a renewed perspective, ultimately leading to a more positive and fulfilling existence.
Free yourself from negative thoughts, join us for a free introductory session by The Art of Living!