What is the Prison SMART Program?
– Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The Prison SMART Program transforms the lives of people working in or incarcerated within the criminal justice system. This program teaches skills that reduce stress, heal trauma and provides practical knowledge of how to handle negative emotions in order to live to one's highest potential and contribute to society in a positive way.
- Active in over 45 countries, and continues to grow.
- In India, over 100 prisons have implemented the program.
- More than 500,000 prison inmates have been transformed through these programs.
How the Prison SMART Program helps in breaking away from the cycle of violence:
Benefits of the Prison SMART Program:
- Improved immunity and physical well-being
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- More respectful relationships between prisoners and prison staff
- Normalized sleep patterns
- Freedom from traumatic scars of the past
- Better mutual understanding among prisoners
- Removal of tendency to seek revenge as well as feelings of guilt
- Reduced crime in society
When did it start? April 2007 Where did it start? The very first...
The Art of Living Internship Program is an initiative of the...
Join the water revolution in Maharashtra "The most...